Tyre slick

Soldato
I had the opposite experience with this. I completely agree that the price makes it appealing, and the overspray seems to disappear easily, but I found it barely lasted a week. It was even worse than the autoglym spray on stuff I was using before it.

I bought it based on the strength of reviews and wondered if I got a bad can, but mine certainly didn't live up to my expectations.

Did you make sure the tyre was completely clean first? A good covering with APC, scrubbed in with a coarse brush and left to dwell for five mins, before rinsing then washing the rest of the car (and doing the tyres again then) helps. Always separate utensils for wheels and tyres of course.

I spray on Tyre Slik and then rub off the excess with a mf. Longevity is really quite good even compared with Megs IME.

Associate
Did you make sure the tyre was completely clean first? A good covering with APC, scrubbed in with a coarse brush and left to dwell for five mins, before rinsing then washing the rest of the car (and doing the tyres again then) helps. Always separate utensils for wheels and tyres of course.

I spray on Tyre Slik and then rub off the excess with a mf. Longevity is really quite good even compared with Megs IME.

Cleaned yes, but not to your extent. They were simply washed with the same autoglym car shampoo I use to wash the car using a bristle brush after the car itself is done, and then rinsed with cold water. It's no more or less than I used to do using the spray on autoglym stuff and that seemed to last much better.

If anything I'd say of the various products I've used they have all been as much of a muchness in termso of lasting for a similiar length of time, if anything it felt like the Tyre Slik was actually the worst of the various ones I've tried over time.

Man of Honour
why do you need shiny tyres, so pointless :p

It's only shiny IF you don't buff it off with a sponge or cloth after application. Buff off = matte lustre that looks mega:

20171029_092308.jpg

Megs and Autoglym gels are the longest lasting IME. They are very similar in thickness too.

Soldato
I float between AG Instant Tyre Dressing and Megs Endurance.

AG is a bit messier, never apply it in windy conditions as it coats the bodywork in greasy marks :D

Can't go wrong with Megs Endurance.

Back
Top Bottom