Instant-Gaming

Soldato
OP
Ah ok thanks, G2A I'm unsure on some say its good and others not so good, I mean if you bought a key how long before you would know its invalid or removed by steam? Also I believe on G2A you need to add buyer protection?

Soldato
Better to avoid G2A - they have some seriously shoddy practices - particularly the buyer protection - that have been well documented. A google or YouTube search will reveal all if you care to know. Most other places are ok in my experience. I mostly buy from GMG, Fanatical and Humble Bundle but have used quite a few others from time to time. You do need to watch that some of the sites sell Steam gifts rather then keys, these are games being re-sold on if you like and whilst that will work fine if you don't already have the game in your Steam library, I got caught out buying a game for my kids PC that I already had in my library and therefore couldn't put it on their PC - couldn't get a refund either as it did say in the small print it was a gift. Never used Instant Gaming but had a quick look at their site and I'm impressed with some of the prices - will keep an eye on that one in future...

Soldato
OP
So I was apprehensive about Instant Gaming, usual mixed comments some even saying they had to prove photo id etc, signed up today, had to verify my paypal by automated voice got a code, bought fallout 3 goty for £3 (they add 9p paypal fee), game activated ok and is in my account now.

So seems ok, will let it sit there for a while before purchasing any future games from them

Soldato
OP
Hmm, so decided to try buy another and this time it wanted photo id proof as this was my first purchase (even though I clearly already made a purchase), instead I cancelled the order.

Be wary of this site maybe (instant-gaming)

Soldato
I had to use Kinguin customer services once.

I was very surprised just how well that went. Kinguin and G2A are normally similarly priced with G2A sometimes being the cheaper. But I would use Kinguin over them everytime unless the price was vastly different.

Soldato
OP
I might look more into Kinguin,

earlier after cancelling the photo id order I read some information elsewhere and they suggested doing the photo id but if it's for example your debit or credit card just edit out the numbers and sort code etc and show your name only, can't do this right now so I will try it tomorrow night and see how it goes

Soldato
OP
So tried a couple games from Kinguin seems decent enough, only issue I had was Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition doesn't show in the steam library as the Ultimate Edition but just as the regular game.

Soldato
OP
Sorry to trouble again,

So I've bought a few games from Kinguin for example such as Dishonored GOTY, Grey Goo Definitive, Grid 2 Reloaded Edition, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Oblivion GOTY etc are they supposed to show in your library as Game Of The Year etc? All the ones I bought from Kinguin don't display that title, basically it just displays the standard game name.

I bought Fallout 3 GOTY from Instant Gaming and that shows in the title as Game Of The Year edition, is this normal how steam displays its names, does anyone have the above games complete edition and it shows in the title as GOTY etc?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
DLC shows up usually (although sometimes it appears there to buy again) so yeah I believe it's the actual thing, in account activation history it says the correct thing such as game of the year etc, just confused why some games like fallout 3 are labeled game of the year edition in the library, but others like new vegas don't

Back
Top Bottom