Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Associate
Its not that good, in its own right.. forget comparisons to COD, this is just not up to par.

Personally id rather have a game that is fun for public play and then evolve into a 'esport' if thats how FPS games need to define themselves. Going straight in and making out its some sort of 'esport' go to game, is the wrong route. This is trying to enter a world that includes CSGO.... its like the Maltese Premier League making out its some sort of Premier League equivalent :D

I hope it becomes fun to play and sorts out a few mechanics, as it just dosent feel right to me.

Caporegime
OP
what people need to remember is alpha game been out literally a day and a bit already been updated a couple of times.so it will change fast frequently.the thing is the base is right.its easier to add things when the core is right to begin with.first off for eg there was a ten player limit with servers so people who played big servers were like were is 32/64 man servers ? one day later this was possible and there are servers running tdm with huge amount of players.

so if you a fan of this style of game hang in there let it progress.if you have no patience game wont be for you but you will miss out on a great game.what you do need to remember there is a huge crowd who want exactly what this game is. all the big teams are signing up for tournements infact too many. so this is going to be a big game regardless of what nay sayers say.

Soldato
Surprised at all the negative comments. Reminds me of when COD was good.

The maps aren't amazing but one stand out one. Hopefully they will be tweaked.

Soldato
If I had 4 tryhard mates that wanted to play it then I could see the huge value in practice matches etc. As a game to play on your own from time to time it's pretty basic.

Honestly I had more fun playing the Cod WW2 open beta and part of me regrets not picking it up for a blast when i'm not playing PubG.

Soldato
I find it funny that people are refunding £12. Even if you don’t enjoy it, may as well keep it for the sake of the price, especially if you’re going to revisit it later on.

Caporegime
OP
seems more like people dont understand the project tbh.

comp play was always a big side of it.also what made csgo big.all the teams want to be involved with playing it.

the public side or normal play to many is also expanding every day.patches constantly.

Permabanned
seems more like people dont understand the project tbh.

comp play was always a big side of it.also what made csgo big.all the teams want to be involved with playing it.

the public side or normal play to many is also expanding every day.patches constantly.
I think it's you tbh, you so desperate to have people think this is great, when it's pretty poor tbh, yes there are tons of people out there looking for what this was supposed to be, but it's not that and not sure it ever will be.

It's another bunch of devs who say they understand and they making the game everyone wants, but then deliver something Completely different.

Caporegime
OP
no i dont care if no one plays it.not one of you. why ? because anyone who played comp cod already knows its similar.the amount of teams signed up to play it instantly shows this.

you maybe miss judge me. im quite cold.i just like decent games. not people.this is or will be a great game.if its not for you fair enough.lets those who want this kinda game play it.enjoy it.

Associate
I refunded it also.

I think it has potential and I may come back to it later when its a more polished product.

But in its current state and the little I got to play it I didnt enjoy it. After the time it has been in development & delays I was expecting a little more. I actually think days of war played better and felt better made to me.

Soldato
I find it funny that people are refunding £12. Even if you don’t enjoy it, may as well keep it for the sake of the price, especially if you’re going to revisit it later on.

For a lot of people that £12 that could be spent on another game that they enjoy.

Especially in the days of the steam marketplace, that could be £12 that someone hasn't actually had to spend irl money on, so it makes sense them wanting to get it back.

Soldato
no i dont care if no one plays it.not one of you. why ? because anyone who played comp cod already knows its similar.the amount of teams signed up to play it instantly shows this.

you maybe miss judge me. im quite cold.i just like decent games. not people.this is or will be a great game.if its not for you fair enough.lets those who want this kinda game play it.enjoy it.

DG, decent games are subjective to the individual, not everyone has the same likes and dislikes, but if they want a refund then that's fair enough, it's their money and they're entitled to getting their refund.

You'll have plenty of competitive gamers playing this, the people issuing a refund will more than likely be just a minority, therefore, you can still crave those competitive matches that you quite clearly show you desire.

Associate
I can definitely understand peoples reasons for refunding it - it's quite clunky, I get pretty nasty framerate drops and there are plenty of crashes/ bugs too.

It's got massive potential though in my onion; brings back a lot of the nostalgic Cod2/4 promod memories which for me is great - hopefully, the dev team continue to iron out the kinks & keep on top of things.

Associate
The more I play this game, the better it feels. I've been playing on community servers and the crashes have become far less frequent, the odd one at map change. I'd recommend giving this game at least 10hrs of gameplay before you give up on it.

Back
Top Bottom