Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Caporegime
OP
the people who want it will play it.each server tweak and more stable really is getting good.had some right laughs last night.hopefully they add a lee enfield to balance the bolt rifles.the kar98 is just too good.:cool:

Soldato
I am quite likeing this once they polish the interface and maps it will be good. The mechanics of the game are spot on.

I am concerned at the lack of S&D servers though, personally I dont like TDM.

Associate
I am quite likeing this once they polish the interface and maps it will be good. The mechanics of the game are spot on.

I am concerned at the lack of S&D servers though, personally I dont like TDM.

I have a 90 tick UK S&D (Wartide) server running, server.team-cybernetics.com:7777 (13.81.11.170 in case the DNS isn't working).

We'll be online this evening, there's a lot of issues with having to reboot servers when they crash so I couldn't even tell you if it's online right now. It will be from 18:30 though.

Associate
I have a 90 tick UK S&D (Wartide) server running, server.team-cybernetics.com:7777 (13.81.11.170 in case the DNS isn't working).

We'll be online this evening, there's a lot of issues with having to reboot servers when they crash so I couldn't even tell you if it's online right now. It will be from 18:30 though.
Thanks for the heads up - I hadn't realised there were different tick rates available for the servers, are they 30, 60 & 90?

Associate
Thanks for the heads up - I hadn't realised there were different tick rates available for the servers, are they 30, 60 & 90?

I'm not sure about 30, but the official servers are running at 60. They're currently having issues with 120 tick (which they plan to fix for clan wars matchmaking) and have recommended a maximum of 90. I'm working on a Docker image as we speak in case other players want to quickly deploy their own servers.

Soldato
i hear a lot of people getting refunds on this.. is it worth buying
The ones getting refunds are the one who haven't done their homework. They just expect a AAA game - which this game clearly isn't.

If you ever played and enjoyed CoD4 promod or CoD2 etc back in the days then this game is great, if not then it will not be for you.

Watch a few videos etc and see what you think.

Caporegime
OP
he can be funny but its not funny how wrong he is about the game.its a shame as many people will miss out on a great game which doesnt come round often in this style.fixes are coming in fast the reg is amazing ! you cant kill people how he is suggesting. totally false.go play it yourself.good old pros dont spray neither does anyone whos played games like this before.generally sprayers are just noobs or dont know how to play the game. the thing is you dont need to spray because the reg is so good.which really shows he has no ****** clue what he is talkng about.

the footsteps and noise are top notch. reg is. performance is great. just needs a little tweaking and its alpha lol.

Soldato
Its called an opinion lol.

He's as entitled to say its the worst game ever as much as you are to say its the best ever.

Tbh, some of his reasons are why i didn't bother with it in the first place. I watched the trailer and was excited about it, then watched some gameplay vids and saw all the bunny hopping and corner camping and it completely changed my mind

Soldato
all the bunny hopping and corner camping and it completely changed my mind

I spent an inordinate amount of hours in the old school WWII shooters like MoH:AA, CoD, RtCW etc., but the reasons you just listed are exactly why I haven't bothered with this. Weighed down with WWII era kit and yet you can bounce around like a tard in zero-G? Yeah, no thanks. Personally I'd give my left nut for Day of Infamy done in UE4.

Associate
Mack isnt that far wrong. 90% of the game you do die from people bouncing round not appearing on the screen or they are just camped in a corner. the sound are good yes. the reg is ok to good 'IF' you can find a server that you can connect to for more than 5 minutes without a crash. With some tweaks to the gameplay it 'could' be a shooter worth the time, but as it stands right now today dont waste your money its far from ready.

I paid for this via the kickstarter so it wasnt cheap and the experience from start to now has been **** poor, i understand thats the risk with supporting something from super early but come on. Not getting the unlock codes until a day after i could have bought it on steam for 1/3 the price. Having to chase this with multiple pms and messages on the official forums, not really very good.

Associate
I'm so confused by people that say they played MOH:AA and COD, followed up with 'bunny hop bla bla'. If you played either of those games at a competitive level, you would know that's exactly how they were. MOH:AA consisted of fast leaning, aim and tactical nades. CoD consisted of drop shots, jump shots and strafe jumping, same as CoD2. Then 4 introduced the sprint mechanic.

This game is certainly not better than any of those games, which is a shame. I'm not sure I see myself playing it long term, but it's certainly fun.

Caporegime
OP
that's what I don't get ? :confused: I played cod 1 on the launch day and all the rest from launch day. competitively up until cod 5 which wasn't like the previous cods.

corner strafe jumping has been in since cod 1.

bunny hopping hasn't been in call of duty since. strafing is part of cod.fps games that aren't based on realism.this game has never been based on realism. so why people keep saying people bouncing about is putting me off its how cods were played comp wise from day one ! on a public server you maybe didn't do it. anyone who was decent did though. why would you walk round or crouch round a corner when you know a camper is sitting there ? you strafe then pre shoot it.

bunny hop is to gain speed from jumping. as said you cant do that or couldn't do that since cod 1 realease and was fixed first patch.never could you bunny hop in cod ever again !

as for mac having his own opinion yes that's fine but when what he says isn't actually true and just his usual angry rants then its not a opinion that's based on truth. its just the normal I cant play decent so the games **** . as I said its fine not to like any game. that is fair but if you don't either understand the project/game or know how you should play it how can you say its bad if you don't know what you talking about.

Soldato
cod never had bunny hopping, it was very much a quake/cs thing - cod was pre-firing corners / jump around them shooting...etc... yes you could jump around like an idiot which some servers incorrectly referred to as bunny hopping.

I loved the earlier cods, upto cod4/waw - good community, lots of servers, great mods - this isnt it for me yet.

This has potential but it hasn't grabbed me, will prob check it out later on. I find the levels dull and hitreg all over the place, obviously new levels will be added, stability will be improved but with sea of thieves, far cry 5, football manager 18 and the occasional game of pubg, I don't have time to sink into something that i'm not enjoying.

Caporegime
OP
bunny hopping was in cod 1 for about 1 week on release . then patched out. first patch . never appeared again in any cod game afterwards. just tried to find the patch notes.

Soldato
Its called an opinion lol.

Mac was somehow able to form his unbiased and considered opinion for his "review" in a mere one hour and forty minutes of play, of which I would guess about 20-30 minutes was configuring and menu shuffling, so maybe just over an hour an actual play? What a well thought out, considered and fair review that was and not at all a knee jerk rant from one of the biggest charlatans on youtube. If you're going to base a youtube channel around basic slagging off pretty much everything, at least have to common decency to actually do some work.

Permabanned
To be fair I can usually tell if I think a game is cack within thirty minutes of playing it, I struggle to think of a single example in 25 years of gaming where I’ve gone on to rate a game after thinking it was toss to begin with.

Soldato
Dark souls, hated it for a good few hours, ended up being one of the most enjoyable game series i've played.

We expect people that choose this as some sort of career path to be well informed before spouting opinion - he may be right in everything he says, but like Bubo says, do some work before hand to strengthen your position, you can't do a constructive review based on that little experience

Back
Top Bottom