• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE MAGNIFICENT 7: BIG DISCOUNTS ON GRAPHICS CARDS!!

Klo

Klo

Soldato
For me I've waited this long, might as well wait for late March to see what's next.

If I was going to buy a 10 series card it would have been when they were new/shortly after.

That's fair, I'm just thinking from a price perspective, whether the new cards will be sold anywhere for around £400 (for the xx70 version).

Caporegime
That's fair, I'm just thinking from a price perspective, whether the new cards will be sold anywhere for around £400 (for the xx70 version).
I imagine prices will jump about £50 for all price points. I'm expecting the 1170 to be about £400-£480.

I sincerely doubt prices will go down, with everything we know about silicon prices, the state of mining, etc.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I imagine prices will jump about £50 for all price points. I'm expecting the 1170 to be about £400-£480.

I sincerely doubt prices will go down, with everything we know about silicon prices, the state of mining, etc.

Neither, can't imagine they'll be cheaper, I just hope they don't suddenly go up to £500 for the '70 series though.

Soldato
After pondering it at work I'm still on the fence! Damn my indecision!

I'm much like @Strife212 - wait and see what's round the corner because the cards are 'old' now but I tend to hold onto GFX cards 3 - 5 years and play older games so it would keep me up to date for a while. Ugh! :D

Caporegime
You'll be waiting for ever then as next gen never too far away.
Andi.
This is always a fallacy.

When a card is just released the next gen isn't "just around the corner". Instead it's 1+ years away.

When the next gen is truly "just around the corner" the current cards are 1+ years old.

The idea that you should never wait is false reasoning.

I mean, take this fallacy to its logical conclusion. Would you advise someone to buy a 1080 if the 1180 was being released tomorrow? And you didn't know how good it was going to be?

Last edited:
Associate
Last time I rebuilt our desktop was 2013, with Intel Core i5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-V Intel Z77, Asus HD 7950 graphics and 16GB of ram. Recently had issues with it so thought about doing an upgrade - until I checked out memory and graphics cards. Nearly swallowed my tongue. I had no idea about this mining lark. I thought mining was something Todd Hoffman did with a 360 and by the end of the season lost a fortune. Maybe the way this mining will go? The worlds has gone mad.

Whilst I applaud your efforts Gibbo, with regret I have to say I'm out - for the time being. I wonder though if this issue is here to stay which is a shame.

Associate
I have problem with my order,been cancelled... barcley stopped the transaction,but its okay now (confirmated).Unfortunately
i cant order again,because the code has been "redeemed",and i have no option repeat the order. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have problem with my order,been cancelled... barcley stopped the transaction,but its okay now (confirmated).Unfortunately
i cant order again,because the code has been "redeemed",and i have no option repeat the order. :(
@Gibbo Can you help this poor wretched soul first thing in the morning? TTomax, post your order number in the CS forum.

Back
Top Bottom