Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello all :)
I've been following this topic for a while as I am interested in getting the Aorus X7 DT v7-cf2. Any opinion, good or bad, about the machine in general? I've noticed that as of today there is still 1 in stock. Any chance more will be coming back? :)
Thank you

Hi AlecT88, there won't be any more of the X7 DT units coming in, in any significant quantity. This will probably be the last of it......

Once the stock has cleared it will be removed from the site. Hope that helps and also hope you receive some positive feedback from existing owners to help with your decision.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hello, im writing here as im unable to contact aorus directly.
Today i got my X7V7 and it only has one hdd i mean it only shows the ssd drive while 1tb sata is not visible. Laptop is brand new so now i dont know if should contact store or there is an option somehow to activate it or what to do...

Best regards

Associate
Hi AlecT88, there won't be any more of the X7 DT units coming in, in any significant quantity. This will probably be the last of it......

Once the stock has cleared it will be removed from the site. Hope that helps and also hope you receive some positive feedback from existing owners to help with your decision.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thank you for your kind reply. I am interested in the Aorus as I've compared it against competitors and found it to be the best option. I am only concerned that with the rumours of an imminent 6 core mobile cpu from Intel I may end up regretting the purchase becuase I would love to have a futureproof machine. Not that it would make a big difference but still I believe it's only a matter of 2-3 months before we see new upgraded models. I will definitely keep an eye out.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello, im writing here as im unable to contact aorus directly.
Today i got my X7V7 and it only has one hdd i mean it only shows the ssd drive while 1tb sata is not visible. Laptop is brand new so now i dont know if should contact store or there is an option somehow to activate it or what to do...

Best regards

Hi Yagdub,

Sorry to hear this. Can you please confirm machine part number:

AORUS X7 V7-CF?

ALSO, SERIAL NUMBER:

Once confirmed we can check factory information and advise from there.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Yagdub,

Sorry to hear this. Can you please confirm machine part number:

AORUS X7 V7-CF?

ALSO, SERIAL NUMBER:

Once confirmed we can check factory information and advise from there.

Thanks,

Team AORUS
Hi,

Thank you for replying :) its Aorus X7V7 CF2 1070 with QHD display sn is ghj1c2411a0008

I got it from scan.uk and in their offer for this one states that it has 1tb hdd as well i can see in my case its there inside of laptop.

Best regards

Soldato
Been reading through this thread it's very useful for putting problems down. But it would be nice to hear from people who are enjoying them, else the impression I'm getting is they are faulty all the time which can't be true as gigabyte stuff is very solid.

Associate
Bakes0310 dont get me wrong im happy with my aorus as it was only loose connector on hdd in my case and now im waiting for laptop to return to me. In other aspects laptop is really well made :) once i get it back i might do short review of it as well.

Associate
Been reading through this thread it's very useful for putting problems down. But it would be nice to hear from people who are enjoying them, else the impression I'm getting is they are faulty all the time which can't be true as gigabyte stuff is very solid.

I'm still loving my X5V6 - review in my sig.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi,

Thank you for replying :) its Aorus X7V7 CF2 1070 with QHD display sn is ghj1c2411a0008

I got it from scan.uk and in their offer for this one states that it has 1tb hdd as well i can see in my case its there inside of laptop.

Best regards

OK we will check with factory.

Have you opened the machine and checked if the HDD is physically there? No problem if you haven't or can't, but if you have the correct tool, we are happy for you to open without voiding warranty.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Hi all (but i guess mainly Atom80),

I have a Aorus X7 DT v6-CF1, just over a year old. 99% love it, but today the bottom left of the screen bezel has started to come away from the screen near the hinge. When i open the screen you can hear the adhesive cracking and can see the light coming through. Is this a known issue? Is there a quick fix? Aside from that (and needing to bash the '5' key hard to get it to register) this laptop has been perfect.

Thanks

Associate

Been emailing with support and sent them a video of my laptop.
They think its a faulty motherboard. I use my laptop every day for school. So Im going to have to figure out how to live without it.
I'm going to have to pay to ship it to them which also blows.

When the laptop actually works, its great and powerful. When it crashes in the middle of my homework its not so awesome.

Associate
Hi atom80,
Check wont be needed as what it appeared when laptop reached store i bought it from- hdd was disconnected from mb, they reconnected it and now im waiting for it to come back :)

As well i would like to ask does opening case to add ram or another nvme void warranty or just to clean fans from dust?

Best regards

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi all (but i guess mainly Atom80),

I have a Aorus X7 DT v6-CF1, just over a year old. 99% love it, but today the bottom left of the screen bezel has started to come away from the screen near the hinge. When i open the screen you can hear the adhesive cracking and can see the light coming through. Is this a known issue? Is there a quick fix? Aside from that (and needing to bash the '5' key hard to get it to register) this laptop has been perfect.

Thanks

Hi oddjob62 - if the screen / bezel needs attention then please raise RMA with Mendit and get the unit in for repair, and also highlight the poor registration of the 5 key at the same time - both should be carried out under warranty and FOC to yourself (assuming no Customer Induced Damage).

No known issues of that ilk, but of course we want you to be 100% happy, not 99!

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi atom80,
Check wont be needed as what it appeared when laptop reached store i bought it from- hdd was disconnected from mb, they reconnected it and now im waiting for it to come back :)

As well i would like to ask does opening case to add ram or another nvme void warranty or just to clean fans from dust?

Best regards

Hi Yagdub - OK, glad its sorted now, sorry for the inconvenience, sometimes these things can happen in transit.

Regarding opening the machine, its OK to open chassis and upgrade RAM and SSD/HDD without voiding warranty.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
I am posting here because it seems that no one at Aorus answers on their own forum.

I have an Aorus X5 V5 with a sudden failure - though I’ve veen riddled with issues since I bought it, but this was the final straw. I can’t power on the laptop, it is stuck with the power light on and can’t turn off and doesn’t post. If I hold the power button it stays on and flashes off for a moment, but comes back on every 7 seconds. No fans or screen startup, just nothing. I’ve seen several other Aorus owners report this but no one has indicated what causes it and required an rma. I’ve had it a year and a half.

Other problems are basically Windows 10 driver issues with network adapter, touchpad issues, media card reader non functional, and the worst is the keyboard leaving an imprint on the screen that doesn’t come off. I haven’t been a happy Aorus owner and pretty likely to never buy one again.

Associate
@Michael Brown
Sounds like your issue is similar to mine with my x5v7. Though I only had mine for few days before it did its first hiccup.
They informed me it was a faulty motherboard after I sent them a video.
They currently have the laptop. Hopefully i get it back soon.

Associate
Thanks, I suspect the Gigabyte motherboards are to blame. I haven’t heard from Aorus yet, sucks because I’m about to jump on a cruise ship for a few weeks and I have no laptop to do my planned work on. Bad timing!

Back
Top Bottom