• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Mine has arrived, very pleased with the audio quality. Also seems to work well as a TV speaker with my Apple TV.
Does it really sound the same no matter where you are in the room? Does it have lag when you stream sound from Apple TV or if you play youtube from you phone?

Associate
Do you have any existing speakers to compare it with?

Only a second gen Echo. Even with the volume cranked to 100% it still responds to Siri commands instantly.

Does it really sound the same no matter where you are in the room? Does it have lag when you stream sound from Apple TV or if you play youtube from you phone?

I've got mine in quite a small room so probably not a good test space. I can't detect any lag whilst streaming youtube from my iphone or watching Grand Tour on Apple TV. The volume doesn't seem to go as high however when your using it as an Apple TV speaker.

Associate
Only a second gen Echo. Even with the volume cranked to 100% it still responds to Siri commands instantly.

I've got mine in quite a small room so probably not a good test space. I can't detect any lag whilst streaming youtube from my iphone or watching Grand Tour on Apple TV. The volume doesn't seem to go as high however when your using it as an Apple TV speaker.
Cool thanks, ordered one from John Lewis with some extra warranty.

Man of Honour
hmm damn thing

I have a mixture of Phillips Hue and INNR bulbs.

Phillips Hue App on iPhone accepts and controls them all.

Alexa controls all bulbs

iPhone controls all bulbs via HueApp

Siri can only control official phillips bulbs meaning half my rooms dont work on siri, but do on the iphone or alexa.

The sound through. Deep rich and warm! Worlds different and can only imagine what it'll be like once Airplay 2 comes out.

Associate
What's the usage case for using it as a TV speaker? Surely you are sacrificing stereo sound for a mono presentation using a HomePod? That's like going back to 1984.

It’s not the same as a mono speaker, as it doesn’t merge the seperate channels into one. However I understand what you are saying. It’s better than the TV speakers on my 43” Sony in my bedroom without a doubt. Also the other benefit is I have basic control of what’s playing on the Apple TV via Siri. I may purchase a second in the future for stereo once Airplay 2 is out.

Soldato
At risk at asking an obvious question would I be able to use the Homepod via AppleTV presumably to play the TV audio even if not watching TV directly through Apple TV?

For example watching Sky on TV with the audio coming from the Homepod?

Man of Honour
One thing I will add, the Mic pickups in high volume / loud environments are spot on.

Alexa is useless at hearing me with the music, tv or extractor fans on!

I cant hear myself speak but HomePod detects it each time!

Associate
I’m pretty impressed with mine as well. Great sound quality and Siri works no matter how loud it is. The only negative is the limit to what you can actually get Siri to do.

Associate
Had mine delivered today and absolutely loving it, the sound quality is great and the integration into my HomeKit works well.

It's amazing how loud it plays music, but still manages to recognise my voice to lower the sound upon command.

Back
Top Bottom