• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE MAGNIFICENT 7: BIG DISCOUNTS ON GRAPHICS CARDS!!

Soldato
We've sold 3000+ Asus Strix 1080Ti's since launch, its not only our no.1 best selling 1080Ti, it is more than double ahead its closest competitor, what the forums may think and what is reality can be quite wide apart sometimes. :)

Seemed to be the best all round 1080 Ti to me with the additional headers on the board and an efficient air cooler. No need for an AIO upgrade or more expensive hybrid like I had on the 980 Ti it replaced. I was on the 2nd AIO upgrade on the 980 Ti as it was though I bought 2 from the US when EVGA were selling off the pump/rad kits for $50 each.

Soldato
I'm quite looking forward to connecting my 2 front 140mm fans into that fan port on the Nitro, nice feature that. So happy it's full RGB and not just blue. Shame it doesn't have 3x display port as it would have been the perfect card for me. I'd have another for crossfire if I could, although that 2.5 pcie thickness would be a bit restrictive in terms of airflow.

Associate
Gsync requires displayport.

Unfortunately so. The card is on its way back this morning. Shame as it really does look to be a great card. Being able to control the GPU radiator fans directly would have been superb.

Thanks again for the deal Gibbo, shame it didn't fit my situation but thats life sometimes.

Regards
Fred

Associate
Gibbo,
I've been a long time lurker on your forums, just liked to say thanks for the offer.
Upgrading my gaming rig and ordered a Giga 1080Ti, hopefully it will be back in stock soon.

Associate
Hi Gibbo,

Noticed FredBasset is returning the Strix, any chance of switching my order to a Strix as his code is now "unused" ?
My 970 I bought from you guys back in Nov 2014 has died and I really need get things up and running and apparently the Giga 1080Ti won't be back in stock for a few weeks?

Cheeky request I know but if you don't ask you don't get. :)

Associate
I'm still using a 970 which plays all my current games fine in 1440p. I have no plans to upgrade to 4k anytime soon. Do you recommend I grab a 1080 for £500 now or wait for the new cards to be released? I have nearly ordered it a few times.. can't make my mind up.

Man of Honour
I'm still using a 970 which plays all my current games fine in 1440p. I have no plans to upgrade to 4k anytime soon. Do you recommend I grab a 1080 for £500 now or wait for the new cards to be released? I have nearly ordered it a few times.. can't make my mind up.

Wait for new cards if you are thinking of spending ~£500.

Soldato

I've been struggling with my 970 in 1440p! Really noticed it in Deus Ex Mankind Divided and had to drop the res to accommodate!

Associate
The 1080Ti was already overpriced before the mining situation. £750 for the 1080Ti ROG Strix is still laughable. You could buy all 3 consoles (and games) for that price.

No wonder people are moving away from this ****** up platform now.

Associate
The 1080Ti was already overpriced before the mining situation. £750 for the 1080Ti ROG Strix is still laughable. You could buy all 3 consoles (and games) for that price.

Ooof so much vitriol over something so inconsequential. I think places like this forum give a very skewed view of PCs and gaming in general. The vast majority of even avid PC gamers never go near the bleeding edge, and they have no need to. There is no game that can't be played on a 4 year old dell with a 750ti in it, with the setting tuned correctly. Its only this tiny pocket of the internet that even knows there's been a price hike, because why would they? most people buy a new PC when theirs breaks or is no longer up to the task, they have no idea what's new and shiny or what they should expect to pay :p

Associate

I never seen the 1080Ti Strix OC on lower price,even before the mining boom...I know its still expensive,but no another option.

Back
Top Bottom