Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Associate
I got pulled into the video on Kickstarter as it looked really good. Felt like I got kicked in the nuts when they decided not long before release they would sell it for what they are now. Really ****** off I can tell you. :(

Cannot believe they would do that tbh, sell it for 35 before its launched... on launch knock it out for a tenner!

They know in themselves its a **** game and they couldnt get more for it. Selling it for 10 quid will mean less refunds as people will right it off, giving them more chance to work on the 'next version' with their stolen profits.

Associate
Cannot believe they would do that tbh, sell it for 35 before its launched... on launch knock it out for a tenner!

They know in themselves its a **** game and they couldnt get more for it. Selling it for 10 quid will mean less refunds as people will right it off, giving them more chance to work on the 'next version' with their stolen profits.

The cheapest was £13, limited supply early access, with £15 being the main early access tier, so it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. The £35 tier offered beta access and some digital junk.

Yeh I know the risk around pre-ordering and have done really well so far on the (around 10) games I have backed. I know, tell me about it.

I find it amusing that the kickstarter video alone sold anyone on the project, it looked like complete garbage to me. I've been enjoying it enough and have found it to be a refreshing change from other shooters I've been playing recently, so thanks for supporting it so early on. Keep it up!

Associate
I got pulled into the video on Kickstarter as it looked really good. Felt like I got kicked in the nuts when they decided not long before release they would sell it for what they are now. Really ****** off I can tell you. :(

I felt a little let down by this too. But without the Kickstarter campaign it would never have gotten to this point, so oh well.

Associate
You don't kickstart a game just to 'play it' (though of course, that is incentivised with certain tiers) - the whole concept of Kickstarter is that you're actively helping to make that game a reality, by funding the development of a title which otherwise might not have been possible.

Personally, I think it was released into EA a few weeks too early; some of the bugs that are/ were present really should have been ironed out in Alpha/ Beta testing.

I've put 5~6 hours in and I'm enjoying it - makes a nice change from BF1/ CS:GO and fills the void left by Cod4 promod nicely for me.

Associate
http://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/detail/1680276769866654138
New Client Update, Competitive Goes Live, and Server Plans!
14 FEBRUARY - BRAMMERTRON

fc7c91d2c6a9ffba10d5f6b2f95e5b0975f1c1f7.png

Competitive going live!

So it’s nearly time! We know a lot of you have been waiting for our competitive game mode to launch officially and now we can announce that Thursday 15/02/18 our War Tide Game mode will go live. It will be at some time during the day.

There will be around 10 mins of outage time whilst we restart and deploy server + matchmaker updates. This means all players will need to update their clients to play. The update is planned to go live on Thursday 15th February 2018.

Players rank 10 and above will be eligible, please bare in mind that a user interface bug has meant that some players haven’t been shown their real rank and therefore don’t believe that they are at the rank 10 and eligible to play Competitive. However we are deploying potential fixes for these issues during this weeks update.

New Competitive Ranks

It is worth noting that we have updated our competitive ranks since we announced them. We have altered them based on community feedback to make them more appealing, eye catching, readable & consistent. Here’s the updated list of ranks we will be having when Competitive launches this Thursday.

444a76653c24745ef7f8fc7a0acbded9bf1d32f6.gif

Changelog:

Improvements
We have added a new run animation. Previously the third person run animation was very flat/horizontal. You’ll now notice that the character kicks his feet up a lot higher now. This is to help improve visibility of players in fast/high intensity situations. It will also help slightly improve visibility when jumping.

1.jpg

YouTube™ Video: Update - New Running Animation
Views: 94
Animation update - New Run

Future Server Plans & Intentions
Over the past two weeks we’ve been learning how to manage our server locations. There has been a huge amount of requests for matchmaking support in South East Asia, as a result of your communication with us. We will be adding servers in the SEA region in March. We made a mistake of separating NA players between 3 regions, our server code does not choose the best location for the players. The server predetermines where to go. As a result, we will be removing Central/East and merging them together to servers in Chicago, again in March. This will also show a boost in player numbers.

Bug Fixes:

• Potential fix for XP displaying correctly on the endgame UI.
  • Potential fix for crash on startup.
  • Numerous Spectator Improvements.
  • Picking up a dead player’s weapon now correctly displays the dropped weapon skin of the dead player and not your own skin.
  • General server stability fixes.

Texture Streaming:

To help combat load times on lower end PCs - We’ve set texture streaming to be default ON for players who own graphics cards with less than 3GB vram. If you have a 3GB+ card texture streaming will be set to OFF for a smoother gameplay experience whilst in-game. Our art team are actively optimising their work.

Addressing Players Fears
We wanted to address a recurring post from players. Recently, players have been given the ability to view concurrent players on SteamDB and SteamSpy. We regularly use these websites to get gauges of how other games are doing as well. However, if not used correctly they can be damaging to potential successful games. Players who feel they need to post ‘dead game’ on a game that hasn’t been in early access 2 weeks, are certainly jumping the gun. It is counterproductive and frustrating to see, especially in the face of so many updates from the dev team and when to game developers the concurrent players we do have are actually very high for an Early Access title 2 weeks out.
Comparing day 1 concurrent players to day 14 is not representative of a games future. Battalion has lined up to announce:
  • Multiple LAN tournaments with 5 figure prize pools (TBA VERY SOON)
  • Free Weekend
  • New Maps (Again very soon)
  • New Gamemode (Requires this dedicated community to help balance)
  • Clanwars (Now backed by a new partner)
  • Full Release with more maps & content (2019)

If you’re playing Battalion 1944 now in Early Access you should be playing for the following reasons:
  • To practice and get a head start on the Battalion 1944 major competitive events
  • To help design and balance Battalion 1944
  • To help the developers find and fix bugs or issues
Early Access is a time where developers can release new content to players with a safety net. It is not a finished game. This is the reason we chose to make our game £10.39 at launch. A very modest price for a game with a lot of potential. After Early Access we intend to increase the price to suit that of a finished, fully functioning game with minimal issues.. And we think that's fair.

At this time we'd like to link to one of our more popular comparisons CSGO, which started with 20,000 concurrent players and 10 years of a pre-existing game! With the work from their devs and the community pushing the game. CSGO grew into what it is today; http://steamcharts.com/app/730#All

Battalion's player numbers were always going to go down after the first day, but by relieving the financial pressure from trying to hit targets after we smashed our expectations, we can now solely focus on turning Battalion into a long term success. Please also remember games like PUBG are an anomaly and are not examples of long term sustainable success!

Let us know what you think in the comments! Thanks for your continued to support! We’ve got some huge announcements coming over the next two weeks but for now lets enjoy playing Competitive Battalion 1944 and enjoy the grind!

Associate
Comparing day 1 concurrent players to day 14 is not representative of a games future.

They sound desperate to hang on to the game being popular.

Its embarrassing infact reading on that post, comparing to CSGO and slagging off PUBG.... not mentioning that 'fun' should be a reason we play, rather to try help them 'fix' the game.

Surely 'Pro' scenes should just evolve from a game being fun, having a great consumer base that wants to play the game daily and from there the better players progressing into 'pro' competitions etc

As it stands the games tag line is 'look at us, this is the game where the Pros play' come join so we can milk you for crate money as all the Pros need your cash so we can put on diddy tournaments.

The more I read about the game, the more I hope it fails.

Battalion 1994 is to gaming, what Barry Bennell is to aspiring kids in football.

Last edited:
Associate
The more I read about the game, the more I hope it fails.

I would never have guessed... :p

Battalion 1994 is to gaming, what Barry Bennell is to aspiring kids in football.
Just when I thought you couldn't be any more obnoxious! Fantastic work.

I agree that the comparisons with CS:GO & PUBG are unnecessary, it feels a bit desperate - that and with some of the backlash on reddit over the devs responses to criticism, I think it's fair to assume the launch hasn't been as smooth as expected.

I don't think they've ever tried to hide the fact that this game was designed with competitive play in mind though.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone play on a stretched resolution? Seen a few streamers say it makes everything feel much 'smoother', assuming it's mostly placebo but tempted to give it a try!

Soldato
As I said before, I haven't played it, but I want it to be a success (I'm stuck on a PS4 these days, so I won't get to play it unless its ridiculously popular (I know I know, FPS on a pad) however it doesn't look that promising for the future of the game based on that update message

Soldato
Please also remember games like PUBG are an anomaly and are not examples of long term sustainable success!

30 million copies sold says otherwise. Loot crate profits alone are probably enough to keep the game going for years.

Massive kneejerk reaction to mixed reviews it looks like, I'm sure i've heard the phrase 'its is early access so you, the gamers can help develop it' before (cough DAYZ cough).

I'm not wishing it to fail but should they really be promising 5 figure prize pools for lan tourneys 2 weeks after early access release?

Caporegime
OP
well it is aimed at the comp scene so they want to get the teams involved to help make the game a success.you need to put up money to get the teams involved for the events.

people may not realize this but the comps for games like this help make it succesful . csgo did the same. promod for cod 4 was the same.

they are doing fine. just the same as any early release people rant cause there is bugs.the funny thing is the game plays pretty well now. hardly any crashes i can play hrs on end with no issue now.that with very early builds.give them a few months never mind years and this will be rock solid and a nice core community behind it. its not battlefield 1 and im glad it isnt.

Back
Top Bottom