House buying advise.

Associate
i posted a couple of weeks ago that myself and wife are splitting due to her having an affair and then she said I can only have 30% of it's value, this has now been resolved and I am getting 48% for the little extra I am not arguing.

Anyway, when my money comes through I will be buying the house outright with that cash (it's only 80k but should do)

I/we have not bought a house for over 20 years.

What I want to know is what expenses can I expect?
Also what procedures I can expect.

Can I just go and offer them the money so avoiding fees?

Based on the house being 90k what kind of offer would be reasonable for me to make?

Thanks.

Soldato
Expense expect solicitors and removal men if necessary.

The seller has likely signed up with an agent meaning any deal will need to go through them.

Reasonable offer depends entirely on the area if 90k houses were available round here you'd have to offer 100k as everything is going 10% over asking!

Associate
Don't scrimp on the solicitor or surveying fees. A little extra cost at the outset can save a lot of financial pain down the road.

As for the amount to offer, Rightmove (and probably others) have a feature which allows you to see the actual selling price of other properties in the area which you can use as a guide to the actual value. For a rule of thumb, I'd be looking at 10-15% below asking price. You can always revise upwards if the initial offer is rejected.

Back
Top Bottom