Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I think I shall try hunting today, just need to find a bow as I am very short on cash! I did kill a cow yesterday but left the meat behind.

I've come across three bows thus far (one I could steal, one I could just take, and one I won in a contest) but the difficult thing was finding arrows for it, and they only came about due to a scripted hunting event.

Deer take quite a few arrows to down it seems!

Soldato
Soldato
Hunting seems broken. Deers just sit there and take 4 arrows in the butt then fall over. Needs a lot of work me thinks ;P
I didn't have that luck! They kept running away when I got near. Only got a few in one when they charged towards me (though their charging did no damage when they went at me, which is a shame).

Soldato
Forgot to post this one, seems there is a slight issue with RAM allocation according to someone on Steam Forum.

Psoted by Saint at Steam Forum

a tip for all those with FPS issues.
It seems that this game really struggles with RAM allocation. If you have 16 or more gb, use the command "-heapsize 2097152" in launch options. If you have 8gb use "-heapsize 1048576". this will allocate ram to be used as a cache for the game. For me it nearly doubled FPS and made it near constant (IE there were little to no lag spikes). Hope this helps!

jfc dont set a cache that''s bigger than about an 1/8th of your overall ram, it'll likely lower FPS rather than increase it.

Link to forum thread, currently 154 comments

If anyone felling for it, maybe post the steam link to the devs on their twitter, unless they already aware of it ?? Don't have twitter myself and wont be getting one just to post one post. :p

Soldato
Got my first bow kill after 5 misses, tonights supper:

https://imgur.com/a/DWsWw

Can't post the image, hope the link works.
DWsWw

Soldato
OP
No Wifi on desktop cant find networks, So no game time here.. Grrr. Past few days its been iffy. Ethernet is a no go due to being a floor above. Why did they make this need a connection online?

This is bizzare and I am asking the devs. I think it must be some oversight because they specifically did not want to use denuovo or any DRM and fully know the game is already on torrent sites. Will let you know when I hear back.

Soldato
Got a new Wifi adapter now, works fine and slightly faster download speeds. No idea what was going wit hthe old.

Is Durango a DRM? I noticed that in some of the pak files.

Soldato
Yesterday wild swing in FPS, game crashing and saves corrupting.

Today played 5-6 hrs no crashes after switching to Fullscreen (it changed back or a patch was applied) and no stuttering like in borderless with G-Sync. I've still had some bugs like faceless characters and the Keeping the Peace town patrol stuck at the dice table. Thankfully it saved that mission part way through. Now 60-75 fps @ 3440x1440 with a 1080 Ti + 5820K. Highest GPU temp was 66 DegC on the Asus Strix as I lock all my games to max 75 fps max which lowers temps and maintains a better average.

There's at least two chests outside the 2nd town with a couple of hundred coins in each and several gold/silver cups which kept me in coin and save schnapps. Plus back in the tutorial area I knicked 6+ bows and several hundred high quality arrows from the hunter lodge :) All his stock basically.

Only problem was no one wanted to buy them and they were over encumbering me ... I wouldn't give them up and proceeded to walk the last bit of the intro at a snails pace!

So yeah really enjoying it so far despite the bugs.

Soldato
OP
Regarding the online check, I heard back, the answer was "we know about it and will resolve it."

I don't think it was actually intentional :D

Soldato
Not bad at all, but seriously in need of a patch or two.

Thoughts:
  • Managed to knock the tutorial debtor through the wall of his house when brawling with him.
  • Collision in general is iffy at times, see the above.
  • Tutorials (e.g. combat) need to be re-accessible- They don't seem to be in the codex......
  • Finding some objectives is confusing has hell. Not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing.
  • Pop-in.........

Back
Top Bottom