James Bulger documentary

Soldato
Denise has allowed this to entirely rule her life. Given that she has other children, whilst she doesn't need to forget, doesn't she have a duty to herself, and her family to move on?
LMAO I don't think "allowed" is the correct word there, trauma is a terrible thing. My mother is good friends with one of the jurors from the trial and she has always refused point blank to talk about the trial with anyone, not because she's legally forbidden too (she's far too much of a gossip monkey to care about that) but because she says it was "the type of stuff that haunts you forever". And that's a person who never personally met anyone involved.

Soldato
I look at the sheer overpopulation of the world today and also the type of people that seem to be breeding most and I start to think this wouldn't be a bad idea.

At the moment, the benefit spongers are churning out more and more benefit spongers and the hard working members of society are having fewer kids.

A licence to breed seems a little Draconian, but is it really that bad an idea looking at the current situation?

For the love of humanity no. People need to realise ANY and ALL reaction ALWAYS makes the situation MUCH worse. Imagine the government being allowed to sterilise people and kidnap babies just because they don't fit a criteria. That's so messed up. Centralising control of all human babies to one capitalist organisation, which would include legalising more kidnappings, will cause far more societal carnage and bloodshed.

Permabanned
I haven't read this thread and every time I see it on the front page my heart skips a beat. I can't listen to the news about it. I can't watch the documentaries on it. Twenty five years ago I could do so easily. But now I have children I just can't contemplate it. I just feel so sorry for him and his family.

Same here, I simply would not be able to watch the documentary if I tried now.

Soldato
- I would have much more compassion for Denise if she acknowledged the part she played in the abduction. I know it's easy to take your eye of a child for a second, I've done it. But by starting out by covering her arse and not acknowledging how she felt about her role, left me suspicious of her. I would be mortified and blame my self no end, irrespective of the actions of others. Why does this never come out? Why focus entirely on the actions of others? I find it discrediting.

I think that's far too harsh. First of all the McCann's left their toddler children alone in an apartment in a different country so they could go out on the raz. After what appears to be 'suspcious' circumstances around her death, which includes them as potential suspects, they have courted the media and political support relentlessly, shamelessly, and if it is ever found out that they had anything to do with her disappearance then they have done so immorally.

Denise was paying for food at a butchers in a public shopping mall and had her toddler snatched within a matter of seconds, in a pre-meditated manner, by two boys who then brutally murdered her child. She hasn't courted the media in any unjustified way, but she has rightly scrutinised the judiciary, CPS, and Probation Service. She has constantly called for increased sentences for both Venables and Thompson, and has correctly predicted that their punishments were not long enough, and that their rehabilitation would not work. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, especially not a mother of a brutally murdered toddler.

Good on her I say. She's been through far too much already without having to single-handedly battle a failing British justice system.

Soldato
In all honesty I just can't bring myself to believe the mcanns had anything to do with her disappearance. The only motive would be money and as far as I know they wasn't short before that happened. I just can't imagine why you would keep it in the public eye so much. Even after the Portuguese police dropped it they pleaded our government to help, not the actions of guilty people

Soldato
First of all the McCann's left their toddler children alone in an apartment in a different country so they could go out on the raz.

Enough with the McCanns already. :mad:

They left their toddler children (As you put it) in the bedroom and then went downstairs to another room in the same building for dinner/drinks/whatever.

I have lived in houses where the distance between one room and another has been greater (Not line of sight, but certainly footsteps) than the distance between the Tapas bar and the McCanns rooms.

I do not know what happened to the child, or if the parents had anything to do with it, but using the fact hat they went to another room in the same building rather than hovering over her 24/7 and never leaving her bedside as evidence of neglect is simply absurd.

Soldato

They left their toddler children (As you put it) in the bedroom and then went downstairs to another room in the same building for dinner/drinks/whatever.

I have lived in houses where the distance between one room and another has been greater (Not line of sight, but certainly footsteps) than the distance between the Tapas bar and the McCanns rooms.

I do not know what happened to the child, or if the parents had anything to do with it, but using the fact hat they went to another room in the same building rather than hovering over her 24/7 and never leaving her bedside as evidence of neglect is simply absurd.
I agree, you cannot remove all risk unfortunately and to try to do so would be stifling, overprotective and unreasonable.

Soldato

You've lived in some big houses..

5A lay about 55 metres (160 ft) from the restaurant as the crow flies, but getting to the restaurant involved walking along a public street to reach the doors of the Ocean Club resort, then walking through the resort to the other side of the pool, a distance of about 82 metres (295 ft).[5]

Associate

Eh? No they didn't. They left the kids in their hotel/apartment room and went off to a restaurant in a completely different part of a holiday complex about 5 mins walk away.

Soldato
The one undisputed fact from that night is that the McCanns left their kids on their own while they went out socializing.

For me, this is a failure of the parenting basics 101.

Its the whole reason for the growth in babysitting as a quasi teenage profession.

Caporegime
I watched this the other night, it was a bad time to be on because I knew if I watched it I wouldn't be able to sleep.... the inevitable happened.

Absolutely sickening, Venables reoffending once again and only gets 40 months? He's clearly not rehabilitated or even capable of rehabilitation, throw away the key ffs.

Last edited:
Soldato
The one undisputed fact from that night is that the McCanns left their kids on their own while they went out socializing.

For me, this is a failure of the parenting basics 101.

Its the whole reason for the growth in babysitting as a quasi teenage profession.
The trouble with the mcann case is nobody has been caught and held accountable so everyone looks to hold someone else to account. Yes they were negligent but don't lose sight of the fact that someone took her

Soldato
There was another horrendous crime that happened around the same time as James bulger that got overlooked somewhat by the press because of that case. It ended not far from where I live which is why I heard more about it. It was the murder of Suzanne capper

Back
Top Bottom