Underrated cars with potential?

Associate
I had a Pulsar for 2 years. Ran perfectly and never had a problem with it.

Gearbox was always the fragile point.

Huge whale tail and monstrous bonnet duct, most people didn't know what it was! lol

2.0 turbo full time 4WD, these were awesome! Shame it was called a Nissan 'Sunny'' in the UK! lol

So close to buying one years ago, couldn't get insured on it :-/

OcUK Staff
Surely a MK7 Golf R DSG is a prime candidate, its not particular slow stock as VW underrated them but a simple stage 1 remap makes them seriously quick cars, even better they can put their power down too which gives real world performance and not just nice numbers on paper.

Associate
Huge whale tail and monstrous bonnet duct, most people didn't know what it was! lol

2.0 turbo full time 4WD, these were awesome! Shame it was called a Nissan 'Sunny'' in the UK! lol

So close to buying one years ago, couldn't get insured on it :-/
Wanted a pulsar when I was younger and was in the same boat. They are now though the roof in price but my god do they look dated. Still a great car tho.

Associate
Wanted a pulsar when I was younger and was in the same boat. They are now though the roof in price but my god do they look dated. Still a great car tho.

Unfortunatly, looks were always against the Pulsar lol

Nissan_Pulsar_GTI-R_3.JPG

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Surely a MK7 Golf R DSG is a prime candidate, its not particular slow stock as VW underrated them but a simple stage 1 remap makes them seriously quick cars, even better they can put their power down too which gives real world performance and not just nice numbers on paper.
They don't look half bad either, my neighbor just part ex his sirocco r for a 3dr black mk7 golf r.

Associate
For sure, but cost to power ratio lol if there ever was one....I had a race with a mapped R and the guy was amazed at how well my car did, I was passing him on the inside under wide throttle (they weigh going on for 2 tonne). I walked all over him on the straights let alone the corners and breaking. He had no chance on acceleration and his car was all over the place when it came to the twisties. My car with all mods is going on for £6,000 with everything done to a high standard by myself, It's not even close to the £ of some high end 'hot' hatches.

That DSG is a nightmare waiting to happen btw. It's a strange hybrid between an auto and a manual with an auto dual clutch, which leads to massive ball ache later on down the line (you cannot control how much the clutch bites) then take into account the hydraulic oil changes and VCDS upgrades etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom