*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
I've taken a long time off this game, only playing casually every now and then.

I've started playing competitive 1v1 the last few days, and for some reason I'm really enjoying it! I've only played 27 games according to a tracker website, and already I can see me improving a lot in 1s, mostly in how I challenge, but also in making better use of possession.

Not sure why I'm liking it, its always left me frustrated and stressed out before.

The fact I don't have to aerial is good, because I literally cant do that anymore lol.

Soldato
New season with new gpu and I'm finally lag free!!!! I still suck but at least I'm enjoying the game again :).

Started back in my old place so clearly that's where I'm stuck again :D.

Soldato
Hows the new season going for everyone?

Its going well for me so far!

I've had some time and motivation to start playing more regularly, managed to grind out enough games at the end of last season to get plat rewards on the last day which was nice.

I've placed plat 2 in everything except solo standard (who cares about solo standard anyway, right?).

Feeling really good, feeling like I'm playing better than I was playing before I stopped playing "properly" like a year ago or so.

I've got my sights set on diamond for this season, we will see :)

Associate
So far I'm just about breaking even on last season, stuck between gold 1 & silver 3, matchmaking be trolling me hard with some of the players I get on my team, I've definitely improved, but what can u do when your 2 team mates dont even know which is the boost button ( I'm not kidding!) I only play solo standard atm, none of my mates play this.

Soldato
It's going ok here, already got my diamond rewards sorted this season, just need to crawl back up into champ and get those now. Placed into diamond 3 div iii in 2s, it's a mess. Psyonix done the same bs of soft cap of champ 1, no matter how much above it you were last season and that's pretty much only if you win 10/10 placements. So it's just a mess, champ 1/2/3 and gcs all squished into high diamond/low champ. It'll sort it self out in a week or two, but it's a bit ****. Everyone else gets to place back where they were or high, but champ or higher and you get mugged.

Associate
I'm having a torrid time of it this time around.

I see myself as a high gold player (without the attitude of your typical gold player :D) and not really consistent enough for plat. Yet I spent most of last season in plat, except in 3's where I was in Diamond I consistently & got the diamond rewards.

This season I can't seem to get out of mid tier plat and am consistently lowest scoring player on my team. Although a lot of the time my team mates take terrible shots just before I manage to land a corker so am not really looking into my score too much :p

Soldato
Resets (especially soft resets) near the start of the season is a horrible time for playing. Even if you were a GC and won all your placement matches you'd still be placed in Champ 1. Until it settles down every game is going to be totally different from the last :(

Back
Top Bottom