*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Guys just want to hear some opinion to see if it is the controller or me...

Anyone else feel that the analog stick on the joycon is rather poor in terms of accuracy? It's like it is difficult to hold the stick just right in any position between the center or all the way to outer circle (like it is very easy to go over the position you want to hold the stick at??

I mean I have the Pro controller as well and they are stiffer in the in between position and much easier to hold or control, the same goes for the Xbox controller and PS4 controller; even my PS Vita tiny analog stick is stiffer and can hold the correct position better than the one on the joycon...

In a sense it is similar to the feeling of the difference between pressing on a key on a cheap keyboard vs pressing a a key on a mechanical keyboard (has a better feel in terms of the force pushing back).

Associate
I absolutely hated the XC2 voices for the first hour or so. Then they grow on you. It's worth keeping it to English just for Nia.

Ha, thought it was just me. I was all ready to switch over to Japanese and then Nia chimed in with the Welsh tones and there was no way I was switching!

There are some fairly questionable accents in general but I applaud them for using such a variety of nationalities rather than just sticking with the usual US.

Soldato
Dammit, You made me go buy Stardew Valley

Ha, thought it was just me. I was all ready to switch over to Japanese and then Nia chimed in with the Welsh tones and there was no way I was switching!

There are some fairly questionable accents in general but I applaud them for using such a variety of nationalities rather than just sticking with the usual US.
I felt the same when playing Ni no Kuni on the Ps4, The voice acting was awful and then the fairy started talking and he had this thick welsh accent. Was great

Soldato
Meh, another Wii U port.

Is there a good video or something that explains Xenoblade's combat? I don't have the game, but it looks interesting, I hate traditional turn based rpgs though. I don't mind and can deal with it if you can do stuff when it's not your turn ( for example one of the mario rpgs, think on ds I think, could jump on your turn to dodge attacks), but just sitting there and doing nothing, nope. Xenoblade videos just look like people running around and everything seems sorta automated :confused:

Soldato
Meh, another Wii U port.

Is there a good video or something that explains Xenoblade's combat? I don't have the game, but it looks interesting, I hate traditional turn based rpgs though. I don't mind and can deal with it if you can do stuff when it's not your turn ( for example one of the mario rpgs, think on ds I think, could jump on your turn to dodge attacks), but just sitting there and doing nothing, nope. Xenoblade videos just look like people running around and everything seems sorta automated :confused:

I started writing an overview then realised just how layered the combat is! It's actually pretty simple to play but is not explained that well in the game. I'd suggest this overview - https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/636...nd-combat-strategy-tips-for-battles-in-alrest

You don't get heaps of control but the combat is interesting enough, you can move one character and control the special abilities they use as well as triggering combos for the 2nd/3rd characters. There is a lot of scope for building your own team/style although some combinations are very strong so most people end up using broadly similar styles.

Associate
Aw, Xenoblade 1.3 update delayed to March 2nd due to "bug found in update data".
I'm still playing Rabbids now anyway, but intrigued to see what the NG+ changes/adjustments are ahead of starting it later on.

Very tempted to buy Bayonetta 1+2, but having played them to death already must resist. All the talk reminded me how good they are so fired up Bayo2 on WiiU, ended up playing 2 hours straight, so good.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just bought FIFA but I don't seem to be able to get it to load. It did the update, you select the language then it just stays on the next screen with the spinning loading wheel. Does the first run take a while to fire up (over 15 minutes now!) or is my cart borked?

Associate
That doesn't sound right, I'd close the game try again. If it persists try reboot the console (hold power button, Power->Restart and try again.
Failing that, delete all the game data and try downloading update again I guess. You could also try playing without the update at first (might have disable internet connection).

If none of that works it could be the card yeah

Caporegime
Got some questions surrounding Payday2 if anyone has anymore info.

Me and 2 friends want to get it, but if anyone knows the following...

- To do voice chat, can we just use the Switch app on the phone, or is that specific to the Splatoon 2 game only?
- Will Payday 2 have its own room system for inviting friends on the Switch? If so can we do voice chat through that?
- Will we be able to do heists with just the 3 of us? or do we need a 4th person? if so can that 4th person be a CPU player and can we use that CPU as cannon fodder?

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious. None of us have ever played it before.

TIA :)

Man of Honour
Got some questions surrounding Payday2 if anyone has anymore info.

Me and 2 friends want to get it, but if anyone knows the following...

- To do voice chat, can we just use the Switch app on the phone, or is that specific to the Splatoon 2 game only?
- Will Payday 2 have its own room system for inviting friends on the Switch? If so can we do voice chat through that?
- Will we be able to do heists with just the 3 of us? or do we need a 4th person? if so can that 4th person be a CPU player and can we use that CPU as cannon fodder?

Sorry if some of these questions are obvious. None of us have ever played it before.

TIA :)

If you are all using your phones anyway just use Skype/WhatApp or an alternative. Switch voice chat is currently terrible, and will likely be so for the life of the system.

Yes you can play with AI controlled bots.

Back
Top Bottom