New rig a complete brick

Associate
Hey all,
Just built my log awaited new pc to find it's a complete brick :(

Got the following
370x Asus prime pro
Ryzen 1600
Rx580, have tried my old confirmed working 7950 which also fails
Two sets of 2x8 certified ram, neither fix the problems.

When I turn it on all lights, fans and disks spin. My monitor knows it's not unplugged anymore and then just says no signal. Literally not even outputting a black screen, let alone posting.

What else can I try? It's literally doing nothing except cycling fancy lights at me!

So gutted!

Associate
After exhausting yourself with everything i would remove ram, cmos battery and try again in the morning.

In instances like this sometimes the best thing is a fresh head, i say that as no doubt your like me and get locked into the mindset of it MUST WORK.

Associate
OP
After exhausting yourself with everything i would remove ram, cmos battery and try again in the morning.

In instances like this sometimes the best thing is a fresh head, i say that as no doubt your like me and get locked into the mindset of it MUST WORK.
That's exactly me right now. It all got delivered about 8 hours ago and I haven't stopped trying since. So far no progress what so ever other than spending another £200 so I could confirm ram not faulty.

I am so gutted, waited ages for this and it doesn't work! :(

Associate
OP
Cheers man, I am hopeful the RMA will be ok. Problem is I don't know what's busted so think i will need to return both CPU and mobo.

Note - not purchased from ocuk, they provided the gfx card which works great! :)

Man of Honour
Reset CMOS button if your board has one? Then take the motherboard battery out, turn off the PSU, then hold the power button down for approx 30 secs, then insert battery, and power on?

Also try each stick of ram on its own (1 at a time) and in each slot, so stick 1 in slot A, B, C & D if no joy then stick 2 in slot A, B, C & D etc etc.... This'll help rule out faulty sticks and/faulty RAM slots?

Make sure every cable & peripheral is unplugged except the main HDD, GPU & CPU to eliminate any rogue cables or parts. Also if your board has a power on button actually on the board then I'd use that as well instead of plugging in the cases front panel connectors.

Also have you double checked that your case has the correct number of motherboard stand offs installed and in the correct places/holes?

Hope you get it sorted soon, I know only too well the stress of a non working new PC, should be a time of excitement! :)

Associate
OP
Cheers for the great advice and good wishes.

I think I am going to get a nights sleep and do some nice methodical testing tomorrow, hopefully with fresh eyes things might go better.

Also planning to head out and grab a mobo speaker so I know what it's beeping about, if at all.

Man of Honour
Just a quick thing that comes to mind, have you changed the default input of your monitor to the cable you are using? Mine defaulted to something I wasn't using and I had the same thing, no signal found etc until I changed the input selection.

Also does your motherboard have an LED post code thing onboard, if so what's the code it stops at?

Associate
OP
No led output at all from the board, I am learning quickly one of its failings is debugging it.

Have tried 3 screens as I have read about monitors being the problem. Both my monitor and TV pic up the device, just day no signal so definitely on the right source. Good shout tho!

Back
Top Bottom