GERMANIUM

Associate
cheers fanatic, ill do a bit of delving, its no biggie as the system was eating pubg :) just need to transfer over my SSDs and the system is complete.

Yeah mine sits at 144 fps pretty much all the time at 1080p most things on ultra or high except foliage. Just need to sort out a 144hz 1440p monitor once the bank balance recovers.

Associate
I went with the ethnoo in black with the glass sides. pubg was rock solid at 144fps on my acer predator at 2k resolution though I dummed down a few settings that you don't need for pubg (shadows etc).. on full ultra settings for everything it was stable at 100fps+

Associate
Enthoo is a big range. I went Pro M glass. Did you mean the evolv as that has glass both sides. I was impressed with the cabling as all very tidy. Did you stick with default ocuk cooler - if so is your rad front or top mounted?

Need to look at putting a few pics up but have to link to url. Need to see if my qnap cloud supports that or dig out my old photobucket account.

Associate
yep I went with the evolve, default OC cooler with the rad at the front. looking forward to opening up the drive bays to install my other SSDs (not), probably need to stick a few on the back side of the case as well. probably leave them until the weekend so that the systems had a good week running before I start adding extras.

Associate
Just trying to claim the Asus cashback but it asks for the serial number (easy as on the box) and the PPID which is on a thin white sticker somewhere on the motherboard (helpfully they neglect to say where on the board) but I can't see anything so must be hidden or very small. Googling suggests some Asus boards its between dimm slot and cpu slot but not on this board,

Anyone got any idea where to find it on a Z370-F before I resort to pulling things out to find it?

Associate
Hi all. Have any of you chaps tried running dual monitors on this kit ? and whats the longest you've left them running without powering down.

Associate
hi all, thinking of ordering the germanium. just a few questions, would it worth upgrading to the titan from the 1080ti or any other upgrades you can think of.
Thinking of this monitor .....Predator x34a

Last edited:
Associate
I think only you can answer that. One thing to bear in mind is that with the GPU increases the price of the germanium base spec (so the Asus Strix 1080) never went up. You may lose that benefit going to the Titan.

That said I see it now says build stock strix 1080ti. Mine was deffo the full retail version as the empty box was sent with the pc.

Associate
OP
hi all, thinking of ordering the germanium. just a few questions, would it worth upgrading to the titan from the 1080ti or any other upgrades you can think of.
Thinking of this monitor .....Predator x34a
If you were buying just the gpu, for the price difference it's better to go titan, but with the germanium it's better to save money and buy other components instead! If you are specially gaming, the 1080ti beats the titan.

Back
Top Bottom