The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Should go "Sold STC" but some wont change it until mortgage offer approved or solicitor instucted
That doesn't change until contracts are exchanged.

I've got the agreement in principle ready to send over, but I also don't know if that is the wisest move, as it'll show the estate agent that I've got more to play with. If need be I can get one drawn up for the exact amount though. Luckily my sisters partner is my mortgage advisor.
I don't remember having to show my estate agent any mortgage in principal as they just asked if I had one and how much for which means you can tell them what you want. Some Estate agents however have started making people fill forms in to say where each part of the money is coming from and their situation but even then you do not have to actually prove anything to them.

Soldato
That doesn't change until contracts are exchanged.
I don't remember having to show my estate agent any mortgage in principal as they just asked if I had one and how much for which means you can tell them what you want. Some Estate agents however have started making people fill forms in to say where each part of the money is coming from and their situation but even then you do not have to actually prove anything to them.

I wish more due diligence type checks were done as above but properly, I'm currently waiting to exchange and have been for 4 weeks now because at the last minute we have all discovered that the buyer at the bottom is waiting for a remortgage for the funds for the deposit. Chain is just about staying together atm but bearing in mind it took 3 months to get to chain being ready to exchange (bar this one pleb) they must have had no urgency what so ever to still be waiting for the RM now (4 months later)

Really hope its this week now!

Soldato
I was referring to when the Estate Agent change it from For Sale to SOLD STC
Oh yeah sorry have just read it again...

I wish more due diligence type checks were done as above but properly, I'm currently waiting to exchange and have been for 4 weeks now because at the last minute we have all discovered that the buyer at the bottom is waiting for a remortgage for the funds for the deposit. Chain is just about staying together atm but bearing in mind it took 3 months to get to chain being ready to exchange (bar this one pleb) they must have had no urgency what so ever to still be waiting for the RM now (4 months later)

Really hope its this week now!

A remortgage to release the funds is relatively common and is what I did when I bought a new house. If you are moving house and are mortgaging it then this is exactly what you are doing. We had an issue with ours where by our purchases lender would not release any of the funds for the mortgage until day of completion meaning they had zero deposit :( It may very well not be his fault....but then equally it may very well be.

Soldato
The real issue is that nobody knew till we couldn't exchange because they didn't have the funds, then suddenly the fact we're waiting for a remortgage for those funds is revealed. I think most likely there wasn't disclosure of this, I know its not unusual but its still frustrating as everyone was told they had the cash :(

Soldato
Oh yeah in that case then yeah I totally understand and the guy sounds like a muppet. Probably hoping to have everything in place before it was all required but didn't move quick enough

Associate
Just about to arrange for an agent to come round and take pics to put house on the market and I get a toilet leak with a wet patch appearing on the kitchen ceiling. The timing is superb!

Man of Honour
wahhoo, passed affordability check and i'm near the top of the list, they wouldn't say how near.(but top 5) Will be getting an invite in the next few days to go sit with them and go through the plans as there's 5 available (hopefully right at the top of the list to get the first pick), the search looks like its over. Never thought I would find something where I actually wanted to be, and this isn't even in general area, but on the exact estate I was wanting (it'll be like being back in uni times 4 mates living within a few seconds walk, and a few more within 15min walk). Also never thought I would buy new, but these are a good standard and the bit which shocked me was the pricing, which is the same if not marginally cheaper than old builds.
However as I was mainly looking at old, I know need to find a different mortgage as the broker I've been dealing with doesn't do shared ownership.
just need to try and resist excitement in case it falls through for some reason.

Soldato
Due to complete on Monday and out of the blue the solicitors says they cant request funds from the bank as my wife's maiden name is missing off the mortgage application and all their documentation has it on. They have had the application since July :(

Soldato
Due to complete on Monday and out of the blue the solicitors says they cant request funds from the bank as my wife's maiden name is missing off the mortgage application and all their documentation has it on. They have had the application since July :(
Difference between a good solicitor and a bad one is that the good ones check everything properly when it arrives and the bad ones only open the folder when they need to do something. Hope you can sort it!

I'm looking like I "may" exchange in the next few days, bottom of the chain has it seems got there stuff together. In a 4 house chain, the rest of us have been ready to exchange for a month. Waiting for the when can we all do completion dance to start :)

Soldato

Doesnt surprise me. We have had issues with different solicitors over the years.

We complete tomorrow and yet again its been a bumpy ride with our current solicitor!

Soldato
Used the same solicitor company as my father in-law for the last 35 years or so. Glad we stayed with them as they have been very reliable. I hear all sorts of stories from other people especially about solicitors associated with estate agents.
In that time we've done 6 purchases and 5 associated sales.
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom