• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD7970 & Freesync?

Soldato
Hi,

I'm confused, my monitor supports it and depending where I look on the internet the card supports it or doesn't, anyway to force Vsync on the 7970? Also is DP or HDMI better, seems like DP I get 10bit but HDMI is only 8bit?

Thanks

Soldato
AMD cancelled Freesync support for the HD7970/280X cards before Freesync launched, so even though some places will still say it works (and many of the cards were sold as Freesync compatible) it doesn't work.

Caporegime
AMD cancelled Freesync support for the HD7970/280X cards before Freesync launched, so even though some places will still say it works (and many of the cards were sold as Freesync compatible) it doesn't work.

Probably technically capable but AMD wanted to push people towards the 200-series (the 280X was a re-badged 7970 wasn't it? They would even Crossfire).

Soldato
OP
That's really crafty of AMD isn't it. I had a quick mooch at GPU's, I really can't get over the cost they're not worth it at all, my 7970 seems to push well at 1440P so it's going to have to do, shame about freesync, I've got that AOC 32", seems to do 75Hz at least and good job I'm not uber fussy!

Back
Top Bottom