Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Back in Mercedes land...

tXTtAv5.jpg

CLK350 Sport with AMG pack (alloys, exhausts, suspension).

It's in pretty good nick. Only done 59k miles, full Merc service history. Now I'm wondering whether it's worth me getting the Extended Warranty for it? They're quoting £862 for the first year at least, so it'd be £3-4k I'd be spending on a car worth £5k max... but then it only takes the rear antenna amplifier to go (rear windscreen out job costing £2k) and whatever else might happen and it'll have paid for itself. I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years, taking it over 100,000 miles at which point I probably wouldn't bother with their Driveline product and I'd look to upgrade to something tastier like a C63 Coupe anyway. Or perhaps putting that money aside over the year to pay for anything that might break is a better way?

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked up a 2013 C63 estate last Thursday.

Will add pics soon.

It’s silver with red leather interior (not as bad as it sounds!), 19” Black alloys with silver lip, carbon dash inserts, it’s blimmin lovely!!

Bit of a step up from my clk 320.

Goes and sounds like a rocket ship! Love the discreet yet mean look.

Soldato
Back in Mercedes land...

CLK350 Sport with AMG pack (alloys, exhausts, suspension).

It's in pretty good nick. Only done 59k miles, full Merc service history. Now I'm wondering whether it's worth me getting the Extended Warranty for it? They're quoting £862 for the first year at least, so it'd be £3-4k I'd be spending on a car worth £5k max... but then it only takes the rear antenna amplifier to go (rear windscreen out job costing £2k) and whatever else might happen and it'll have paid for itself. I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years, taking it over 100,000 miles at which point I probably wouldn't bother with their Driveline product and I'd look to upgrade to something tastier like a C63 Coupe anyway. Or perhaps putting that money aside over the year to pay for anything that might break is a better way?

Did you check the VIN for balance shaft issues? Is this covered in the warranty?

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/

Soldato
My Slk r170 has a great set of problems. First the central locking stopped working, and its probably the pump. Secondly the key doesn't fit into the boots keyhole, so there's no way of getting to the pump that's located in the boot. Guy at the garage said no problem just put down the roof and the boot will open slightly to fit it in, and maybe we can then reach in. But of course the roofs hydraulic pipes deteriorated last summer and to fix that you need to open the boot! Amazing!

Associate
Evening all.

I know completely nothing about Mercedes so thought I would get opinion here. I currently want to change up from my 2012 Mondeo titanium. A very good friend of mine is about to come to the end of his 3 years with his company car.
Its a c250 diesel, AMG Line, premium plus, 42k miles on it, 15 plate. Full service history.

Its available to buy from the lease company for £20100, which looking on autotrader seems a decent price. What are servicing costs like on these? Insurance is fine for me. Any known issues with them I should check out.

Many Thanks

Soldato
Decent car, nice spec and you can buy extended warranty which is worth it as Mercedes aren't cheap if things break outside of consumerables.

Price seems a tad high but it's at that new enough age and milage where you can only buy what's available so at the mercy of the market prices on these. The c250d is not as common as the other diesel engines.

Chuck in the reg to we buy any car to see what they value it as.

Associate
Thanks for that Scrutinize.. WBAC values it at only £18100 but that's trade valuation so I guess its always going to be less than the price I would pay on the market, nothing anywhere near that value available anywhere. Extended warranty sounds a good idea, are you talking Mercedes own extended warranty or some third party ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for that Scrutinize.. WBAC values it at only £18100 but that's trade valuation so I guess its always going to be less than the price I would pay on the market, nothing anywhere near that value available anywhere. Extended warranty sounds a good idea, are you talking Mercedes own extended warranty or some third party ?

WBAC at £18k vs the offer to you seems about right then.

Mercedes only warranty, worth the cost + you get the roadside recovery iirc. Best bet is to give them a call and details can be found on UK site.

Associate
^ You won't like this post then :D.

Deposit placed for E220d SE estate. £380 per month pcp with carwow discounts, deposit contributions, and £2k 'diesel changeover bonus' for my Volvo S80, on top of the p/x value, which was a nice surprise!

Spec is:

- cavansite blue metallic, beige leather, black ash wood trim
- premium plus package (including sun roof, upgraded sound system, keyless stuff, and upgraded LED headlights)
- comand online and wide-screen dials (full 2 X 12.3 inch displays)
- heated windscreen
- 360 camera

Considered the driver aid package but at £1.6k it was just too much. Also skipped the air suspension as on 17s the ride was really nice.

Should be a nice family car for a few years, after which I hope I can afford a proper engine :p. Though I was pleasantly surprised by the new 4 pot in the 220d cars, and it will do 60mpg...if I'm allowed to mention that!
Is the heated windscreen part of a pack? I can't see it mentioned anywhere in the car configurator.

Man of Honour
Can anyone help with AdBlue? Have a 15' E220 Bluetech Coupe that I bought in September.

It's come up today to say Refill AdBlue at workshop.
I assume I can just buy it elsewhere and fill the tank myself rather than paying Mercedes through the nose?

Soldato
Still mid March as far as I know, though I've not had an update for a while. I ended up adding drive pilot and HUD to my options list.

I asked the dealer if I could track the progress online but apparently not.

Such a long wait :/ you must be going nuts.

I was less fussy on options so found a mb group stock (unregistered) E Class via my local dealer initiated through carwow. From order to handover was only 5 days with a very hefty carwow beating discount too.

Caporegime
Such a long wait :/ you must be going nuts.

Apparently it would have been even longer if I'd ordered an AMG-line car.

Thanks to my fantastic Volvo S80 though, it's only been mildly annoying rather than awful. My S80 is so good that I've considered several times sweating it for another 5 years and cancelling the order. Hoping it's a worthwhile upgrade!

Associate
Recently joined the Mercedes world having come from mainly BMW's.

I'm really enjoying it so far, very refined and comfortable on long drives. Its an C220D AMG Line Premium Plus. Initially I had doubts the engine would be powerful enough being an estate, but combined with that auto gearbox its more than enough.

OWaYZ1q.jpg

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Apparently it would have been even longer if I'd ordered an AMG-line car.

Thanks to my fantastic Volvo S80 though, it's only been mildly annoying rather than awful. My S80 is so good that I've considered several times sweating it for another 5 years and cancelling the order. Hoping it's a worthwhile upgrade!
Is the S80 really that good a car? What engine do you have - D5?

Caporegime
Is the S80 really that good a car? What engine do you have - D5?
2.4D (became the D4 I think?). Same engine as the D5 at 2.4 5 cylinders, just de-tuned to ~160bhp.

When I test drove the E-Class, I handed it back thinking that it felt very premium but didn't really offer an awful lot over the Volvo once you're up to speed and chewing up the miles. We're mainly changing to this because we wanted an estate and the deal was so good on finance that it wasn't much more than a Skoda Superb, due to the low depreciation.

The Volvo has fantastically comfy leather electric seats and a nice relaxing beige interior, but absolutely no infotainment and an agricultural and thirsty diesel engine, as well as limited boot space.

Back
Top Bottom