~£200 Android phone suggestions

Associate
I'm looking at this price point too. Which of these phones has the best battery life? My only other requirement is a headphone socket.

Permabanned
I will buy VKworld S8 4G Phablet, Vernee Mix 2 4G Phablet or UMIDIGI Crystal 4G Phablet 4GB RAM Version.
Their prices are so low (197$, 165$ and 145$), that I am tempted to have the all.

The VKworld S8 is something extremely special and the comments from the buyers of these phones are very positive.

Permabanned
It is interesting that this Vernee Mix 2 has the fastest octa-core 2.6 GHz processor, the other two are with octa-core 1.5 GHz processors.

I wonder what the real world difference is and will the slower processors influence somehow the applications responsiveness?

I think I am getting the VKworld S8. Because of its solid body (with titanium frame) and good overall characteristics - 6" screen, 2160 x 1080 pixels, >400 PPI...

Soldato
It is interesting that this Vernee Mix 2 has the fastest octa-core 2.6 GHz processor, the other two are with octa-core 1.5 GHz processors.

I wonder what the real world difference is and will the slower processors influence somehow the applications responsiveness?

I think I am getting the VKworld S8. Because of its solid body (with titanium frame) and good overall characteristics - 6" screen, 2160 x 1080 pixels, >400 PPI...

It's basically MTK helio p10 (VKWorld S8) vs p25 (vernee mix)

p25 uses the same cpu cores but at 16nm instead of 28 (i think) so faster and more efficient. it has a better gpu as well. Antutu score is around 59-61k for the p25, 47-49k for the p10. Make of that what you will. I had the helio x25 in my apollo which is the deca core (~90k antutu) and it was OK, nothing much to write home about and average battery life. The VK s8 running on a bigger older MTK chipset wont be the most efficant phone but the massive battery should offset that.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's basically MTK helio p10 (VKWorld S8) vs p25 (vernee mix)

p25 uses the same cpu cores but at 16nm instead of 28 (i think) so faster and more efficient. it has a better gpu as well. Antutu score is around 59-61k for the p25, 47-49k for the p10. Make of that what you will. I had the helio x25 in my apollo which is the deca core (~90k antutu) and it was OK, nothing much to write home about and average battery life. The VK s8 running on a bigger older MTK chipset wont be the most efficant phone but the massive battery should offset that.

Thank you for the information. Really helpful ;)
I will share opinions after the phone arrival here.

Associate
The LG X Fast seems good specs for under a £100 if you don't mind not having the latest version of Android.

https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-x-fast-x-mach-lgk600y-x5-32gb-3gb-ram-dual-sim-white.html

What's the battery life like?

I need a cheap phone for a UK SIM only contract, and that phone seems to be a good option.

I'd prefer a black case but there's some good deals out there on those too. I'm not bothered about the latest version of Android as Google seem to keep mucking each release up. I just need a reliable phone with a decent battery life.

Associate
What's the battery life like?

I need a cheap phone for a UK SIM only contract, and that phone seems to be a good option.

I'd prefer a black case but there's some good deals out there on those too. I'm not bothered about the latest version of Android as Google seem to keep mucking each release up. I just need a reliable phone with a decent battery life.

Done a few checks re battery life, and it seems poor.

Edit - I was looking at reviews of the wrong phone (the 'X Screen'). Just bought the phone and will report back when I get it...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thank you for the information. Really helpful ;)
I will share opinions after the phone arrival here.

Well, like promised.... my VKworld S8 arrived earlier today and I am playing with it right now. So far, only good impressions - the smartphone is a very solid choice and for its money, it's a real best buy. It is really fast with applications download, install and then responsiveness. Great so far!

Associate
Well, like promised.... my VKworld S8 arrived earlier today and I am playing with it right now. So far, only good impressions - the smartphone is a very solid choice and for its money, it's a real best buy. It is really fast with applications download, install and then responsiveness. Great so far!

Keep us updated on battery life. That's the main issue for me!

Back
Top Bottom