BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I've just had BT Ultrafast Fibre installed today, upgrading from BT Infinity.
My old speeds were 70 down, 20 up. With this new setup, which just required a new master socket and HomeHub, is now 250 down, 40 up (although this is due to increase to nearly 260 once it's settled down).

Very happy!
How much extra are you paying if you don't mind me asking please ?

maj

maj

Soldato
Looks like my area isn't compatible for Ultrafast. That said I'm not really surprised. I'm paying for Infinity 2 but only get 55mb.

Soldato
No way of knowing, we don't have a landline phone - only pay for it since we can't get Virgin where we are. They did line tests whilst I was on hold on the phone on both occasions though, and both times said it was an 'external problem' whatever that means.

It's back up now, still only 1.29Mbps upload. How would the upload speed cause the line to disconnect? It's been rock solid since we moved in back in December.

Caporegime
No way of knowing, we don't have a landline phone - only pay for it since we can't get Virgin where we are. They did line tests whilst I was on hold on the phone on both occasions though, and both times said it was an 'external problem' whatever that means.

It's back up now, still only 1.29Mbps upload. How would the upload speed cause the line to disconnect? It's been rock solid since we moved in back in December.
Sounds like the test identified an external fault and this was logged to Openreach to look at and resolve. It'll likely be fixed properly by Tuesday evening.

Soldato
So yeah, I'm still paying BT standard rates as I've kept lazily putting off sorting out a new deal. £57 a month for phone line and 80/20 FTTC... yikes!

Who are the VDSL provider of choice these days?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So yeah, I'm still paying BT standard rates as I've kept lazily putting off sorting out a new deal. £57 a month for phone line and 80/20 FTTC... yikes!

Who are the VDSL provider of choice these days?
Plusnet are pretty good and often have offers. They have an unlimited fibre offer on at the moment.. £32pcm including line rental.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I've just had BT Ultrafast Fibre installed today, upgrading from BT Infinity.
My old speeds were 70 down, 20 up. With this new setup, which just required a new master socket and HomeHub, is now 250 down, 40 up (although this is due to increase to nearly 260 once it's settled down).

Very happy!
Wow, I'm sooooo jealous! You are one of the first people to be getting G.Fast then?

Back
Top Bottom