Infinity and the big bang

Permabanned
I asked for evidence, you provided none. A youtube video is not evidence. Link me to a scientific journal detailing undisputable evidence of aliens visiting Earth and then I'll take you seriously. Till then you're just a conspiracy nut in my eyes and I'm just wasting my time talking to you.

Goodbye :D

Soldato
Thing is though after all this time since the big bang we appear to be alone in this enormous universe.

Something to me believes there is something else at play here.

I suspect it's just "time". The universe is what, 13.8 billion years old and give or take? It took 4 billion years or so for life to evolve here, so if you apply the same rules, life may have been "out there" for around 8 billion years. But how long have we actually been looking in anger with radio telescopes, maybe a 100 years? Out of that 100 years the technology to scan at speed and sensitivity required 10-20 years? Also we can only listen for powerful radio sources, so we've only really been looking/listening for less than the blink of an eye in real terms. Plus the universe is so vast (if there's even only 1) that it's akin to looking for a grain of sand on all the beaches in our solar system. I think it's just wishful thinking that we will "look" and find something within 1-2 lifetimes. It might take a 1000 lifetimes but I'm sure one day we will find something. Or it will find us if it's hasn't already!

Also I think our understanding of the Universe has reached the point where many things may never be "tested" as such, and will remain as theories for decades to come. We simply don't have the time, money or knowledge to build something to see or measure things in the material world. Even now I think they are saying the LHC isn't powerful enough to go to the next levels that theories predict. Add to that the discoveries in the quantum world aren't intuitive or even predictable in the same way discoveries were a couple of hundred years ago. The things we may discover or predict may well be beyond out ability to understand them. It could be that 99.999999999% of everything out there is hidden in dimensions that we will never be able to physically observe.

Permabanned
I suspect it's just "time". The universe is what, 13.8 billion years old and give or take? It took 4 billion years or so for life to evolve here, so if you apply the same rules, life may have been "out there" for around 8 billion years. But how long have we actually been looking in anger with radio telescopes, maybe a 100 years? Out of that 100 years the technology to scan at speed and sensitivity required 10-20 years? Also we can only listen for powerful radio sources, so we've only really been looking/listening for less than the blink of an eye in real terms. Plus the universe is so vast (if there's even only 1) that it's akin to looking for a grain of sand on all the beaches in our solar system. I think it's just wishful thinking that we will "look" and find something within 1-2 lifetimes. It might take a 1000 lifetimes but I'm sure one day we will find something. Or it will find us if it's hasn't already!

Also I think our understanding of the Universe has reached the point where many things may never be "tested" as such, and will remain as theories for decades to come. We simply don't have the time, money or knowledge to build something to see or measure things in the material world. Even now I think they are saying the LHC isn't powerful enough to go to the next levels that theories predict. Add to that the discoveries in the quantum world aren't intuitive or even predictable in the same way discoveries were a couple of hundred years ago. The things we may discover or predict may well be beyond out ability to understand them. It could be that 99.999999999% of everything out there is hidden in dimensions that we will never be able to physically observe.

Yes brilliantly put.
Hidden dimensions is something I believe there could be.

Man of Honour
UFO sightings? Evidence for super advanced technologies from thousands of years ago, the pyramids in Egypt and the Americas and many other artifacts?!

Lol, if you've stood next to the Pyramids or been inside them, I have 3 times, you would realise that Aliens with advanced skills absolutely 100% didn't build them.
UFO sightings are exactly that - unidentified.
I'm an Ancient Aliens fan, I've watched every single one and the latest was on Friday which was Return to Gobekle Tepi but nothing has convinced me, not a jot.
What is the 'evidence' for super advanced technologies? Stargate isn't real you know.

Associate
I remember Carl Sagan I think once saying that although we may think we have the capacity to understand, our minds are simply not programmed, evolved or big enough to grasp the concept...and even that statement in itself is difficult to grasp lol. We have come on huge leaps of course, but the sheer understanding of this subject may well be beyond our grasp.

Permabanned
Lol, if you've stood next to the Pyramids or been inside them, I have 3 times, you would realise that Aliens with advanced skills absolutely 100% didn't build them.
UFO sightings are exactly that - unidentified.
I'm an Ancient Aliens fan, I've watched every single one and the latest was on Friday which was Return to Gobekle Tepi but nothing has convinced me, not a jot.
What is the 'evidence' for super advanced technologies? Stargate isn't real you know.

Crystal skulls actually being only one of them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

Skulls from humanoids who also have never been recognised by the science.
Coins dated to thousands years ago, with alien heads illustrated on them.

The list is very long.....

Man of Honour
Crystal skulls actually being only one of them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

Skulls from humanoids who also have never been recognised by the science.
Coins dated to thousands years ago, with alien heads illustrated on them.

The list is very long.....

And I have probably read about every single one since the early 70s, I still watch documentaries on all this stuff however unlike you, I can sit there and not be convinced.
I want to believe but I haven't seen anything yet and please don't point to the Pyramids.
Over the 1000s of years all pyramids have basically fell down and Giza was where they got it right eventually, it took long enough.

Soldato
OP
And I have probably read about every single one since the early 70s, I still watch documentaries on all this stuff however unlike you, I can sit there and not be convinced.
I want to believe but I haven't seen anything yet and please don't point to the Pyramids.

The only thing that ever convinces me of anything is empirical evidence. Like you I find these documentaries about UFO's or crystal skulls, pyramids built by aliens, bigfoot etc etc etc. entertaining at times but that's all I see in them, entertainment. I'm not gullible enough to believe everything I hear. I suspect certain people on this forum promoting these unproven claims are just trolling, but for those who do believe this tosh, I pity them.

Man of Honour
The only thing that ever convinces me of anything is empirical evidence. Like you I find these documentaries about UFO's or crystal skulls, pyramids built by aliens, bigfoot etc etc etc. entertaining at times but that's all I see in them, entertainment. I'm not gullible enough to believe everything I hear. I suspect certain people on this forum promoting these unproven claims are just trolling, but for those who do believe this tosh, I pity them.

Ancient Aliens is a cracking series that has covered virtually everything 'unexplainable' and so therefore it was Aliens but we have to give credit to human ingenuity.

(The Mods have also said they will ban anybody who posts a picture of Giorgio)

Soldato
In for the ban...;):)

giorgio-aliens.jpg

Not sure if I've hot-linked that or not???

Man of Honour
Over the 1000s of years all pyramids have basically fell down and Giza was where they got it right eventually, it took long enough.
If you haven't realised,he's a troll.check out every other post/thread.

Back
Top Bottom