Bristol Show Pictures

Associate
OP
You're welcome Signs.

I'd love to go to have a look/ listen but it's slightly depressing seeing all that lovely gear and having no money to buy anything....

I did take out a subscription for what hi-fi to get a free cable, but that was it, no more spending. Highly recommended to just go and enjoy the experience, just to see and hear what's out there. It's also good as an introduction to new music.

Associate
You're welcome Signs.

I did take out a subscription for what hi-fi to get a free cable, but that was it, no more spending. Highly recommended to just go and enjoy the experience, just to see and hear what's out there. It's also good as an introduction to new music.
I'll get along at some point, just needs a bit of planning since its at the other end of the country to me :D

Soldato
Some nice hardware there, brings back some memories. I used to go to that show a fair few years ago, 5 years on the trot in fact. I stopped going when I realised it was more or less the same manufacturers every year with a variation on the same theme. That & the fact its almost a 400 mile round trip for me with an overnight stay, the rooms on the upper floors get hot & crowded, (I go to the London Coffee festival for claustrophobia these days :p ) & its more sound than vision too, the manufacturers tend to play obscure stuff I've never heard of, having said that one did play some AC/DC on his hardware one year :D

Associate
OP
Nice shots, thanks for sharing.
Anything stand out from a sonic perspective?

The systems shown in the first three pictures sounded very good - but they also looked v expensive too.

I travelled down from Preston and back in the same day sharing the driving, so I did think I was mad doing it a couple of times. Still think its worth it but I did see similarities with last years show.

Soldato
It's good to open your eyes to less common brands, and sometimes you get an amazing video demo aswell. I remember going 4/5 years ago and Sony had a prototype 4k projector showing a tiny clip of Spiderman and it completely blew my mind. Also heard an Anthem AVR here for the first time which has made me lust after one massively, just out of budget :(.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The systems shown in the first three pictures sounded very good - but they also looked v expensive too.

I travelled down from Preston and back in the same day sharing the driving, so I did think I was mad doing it a couple of times. Still think its worth it but I did see similarities with last years show.

Yep, does make you wonder. That's one reason I've not been in a number of years.
I have heard Naim running Focal speakers. Always came across rather "harsh" for my tastes.
Used to own a small pair of Benesch speakers. They were REALLY good. For the amount I paid, frankly awesome. Was a bit of a shame that they ended up being moved on, but I was sidegrading back to stereo only.

Soldato
Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Is it a busy/hectic show. I'd like to attend myself sometime but have heard some say its packed out and difficult to get in some of the rooms!

Associate
OP
Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Is it a busy/hectic show. I'd like to attend myself sometime but have heard some say its packed out and difficult to get in some of the rooms!

I went on the Sunday and it wasn't too busy, if a room is full, you either wait a few mins or try another room. A couple of home cinema demos were busy, but just go back towards the end of the day and it's quieter.

Back
Top Bottom