BBQ/Smokehouse in London?

Associate
I was planning to take my parents the Red's True BBQ in Shoreditch when they come over in March. However they closed down last week so I'm trying to find somewhere similar instead.
Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Man of Honour
Bodean's
Smokehouse
Pitt Cue
The Big Easy
Shotgun
Smokestak
Blues Kitchen.

When I'm in London and fancy BBQ I tend to end up at Blues Kitchen or Bodeans, just because of the places I normally visit anyway, they're nice and close.

Associate
OP
I was at Blues Kitchen the other week and I'm planning to go there tomorrow again as I'm going for a concert at the Underworld.

I will look into the other places too as I'm going back to London next week too and will be looking for a place to eat.

Edit: Apparantly Shotgun is now closed down as well.

Caporegime
been to Bodean's quite a few times, at one point every work get together with the "lads" started there... it isn't anything special, just a chain BBQ type place

Soldato
Bodeans isn’t very special and is extremely salty. The place I used to love was Dukes brew and que but that has shutdown. It was a little out of the centre. I would love to find something similar to that standard of bbq.

Associate
Been to Bodeans a few times and always enjoyed it, big sharing board with friends was good last time I went.

The Big Easy - food was passable, but service was absolutely terrible - wouldn't recommend it.

Soldato
Another vote for Bodeans, been a few times now and have always really enjoyed the food. The Sharing platter is always a good choice and is good value IMO as well.

Soldato
Pit Cue Co gets my vote. Bodeans is good but you need to be downstairs in the dining area rather than the fast-food bit upstairs. Also avoid the Tower Hill one, Clapham/Balham and Soho are good

- GP

Associate
OP
I was to the Big Easy at Covent Garden yesterday and did really like the place. Thought the food was really good and the service was good. Might be because I was there around 4pm though so wasn't too much people there. Am thinking to check out Bodeans on Friday, all depending on how much money I have left to spend.

Soldato
Having been to Reds in Manchester it really is a shame the Shoreditch place went out of business, one of the best barbecue food places I visited. I was planning on taking a date there for Valentines but it shut up shop a couple of days before.

I do enjoy a Bodeans but its not on the same level in my opinion, Red Dog Saloon is pretty decent though, take on the Devastator if you dare!

Associate
OP
I'm definately gonna have a look at the Red Dog Saloon, that looks really interesting, not sure if I would dare try the Devastator though, probably would be sick from it lol. But I agree with Reds, it was one of my favorite food places I had been to, was really looking forward to bring my parents there in end of the month. But at the moment we are heading to Big Easy in Covent Garden instead.

Man of Honour
Having been to Reds in Manchester it really is a shame the Shoreditch place went out of business, one of the best barbecue food places I visited. I was planning on taking a date there for Valentines but it shut up shop a couple of days before.

I do enjoy a Bodeans but its not on the same level in my opinion, Red Dog Saloon is pretty decent though, take on the Devastator if you dare!

I don't mind reds but I don't really rate it as amazing. Mcr Smokehouse is arguably as good (and cheaper on a Monday). Actually, the best brisket I've ever tasted was at Eat New York: http://www.eatnewyork.co.uk/the-bagel-shop/ Their reuben is insanely good.

Back
Top Bottom