**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
I'm currently using an iphone 6plus so grabbing a xiaomi will be fun and new to me but I'm used to android anyway.

How hard are they to root? As hard as updating/changing bios on mobo or gpu?

Cheers

Soldato
I'd avoid buying Chinese phone if you aren't confident you're able to load a stock android on it. The hardware is good, but the bloatware on all of these phones, including xiaomi is pretty terrible if you're used to being in control of what is on your phone. Samsung is the worst, but the others are similar.

Disagree, If you have a Chinese phone with the rom for the Chinese market on it then yes there can be quite a bit of useless bloat on it but the ones I have or have used with a proper global rom on them have been pretty light on bloat ... in fact my old Umi phone ran pretty much stock android.

Associate
Can anyone with a Xiaomi Redmi 5A confirm that it takes a nano sim card? I've seen references to both nano and micro and I'm about to order a new sim for the wife (we pay €10 each for them here...)

Definitely Nano sim, i think your seeing Micros SD memory card slot in the specs.
I think most sims you get these days cover all sizes anyway,you just pop out the one you need.

Soldato
Ordered a phone from Coolicool, was out when Royal Mail attempted delivery, left a card asking for £11.82 customs.

Paid it, sent an email to seller to claim back the customs (I paid a fiver extra for insurance to cover non delivery/customs), and they've offered me £10.

I'm not going to haggle over £1.82, just consider it a bit unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom