**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
My S7E is nearly 21 months old. The battery is still fine, but I do notice some lag occasionally.
It hasn't been reset since I bought it and is still on factory stock firmware (i usually root). This is also the first phone I haven't put a screen protector on and I honestly can't see any scratches.
It'll be reset and passed to my mother when I upgrade.
I'm tempted to buy a Pixel2 XL and go sim only when my contract is up in a couple of months, but waiting to see if the S9 will be any good

Caporegime
No need or want to upgrade from my S7E.
A litle worse battery performance from many many charge cycles but no other issues.

I'd still get the same phone if it died tomorrow

Associate
I put a Sandisk 128GB card in my S7E at the time of purchase which was the day of the S7E release. I find that often the card isn't recognised by the phone and photos are saved to internal memory and it takes lots of reboots or button sequence pressing to get it to show up and then the photos on it. If I do the regular software update or restart the phone it takes loads of attempts for the card to show - annoying !!
Doing a bit of research seems this is fairly common, is it a phone issue or a Sandisk memory card issue?
Different comments on the internet say you should use a Samsung memory card and then you don't have any problems. Is this true or just a ploy to get you to buy the Samsung card as it's a Samsung phone?
The Sandisk card came from Argos, I don't know about returning it if it's the card being the problem.
Any thoughts on the Sandisk vs Samsumg card?

Associate
I had the monthly security update and yet again after the reboot no SD card showing. A few more restarts etc and it showed up. I tried to delete some photos and they wouldn't disappear. A few more reboots and now I've deleted them and also uploaded them to the cloud as a double backup. Still not happy that it will work and will try to return the card for a refund.

Associate
How's the S7/S7 Edge performance with a memory card installed?

When I had my S7 Edge, I did notice that the phone seemed a bit quicker without a memory card installed. I don't know whether that was my mind playing tricks, or whether the card had some kind of issue.

Either way, although people harp on about having SD capability, I don't really miss not having it on its replacement, as I did find them temperamental.

Associate
When I had my S7 Edge, I did notice that the phone seemed a bit quicker without a memory card installed. I don't know whether that was my mind playing tricks, or whether the card had some kind of issue.

Either way, although people harp on about having SD capability, I don't really miss not having it on its replacement, as I did find them temperamental.

In the past I noticed slow working with the phone and the SD card not being seen. I removed the card and things seemed to fly, I formatted the card and put it back in. It seemed fine for a while but the current issues do seem to relate to the card again and being temperamental. At the moment it seems to be in a good working condition until the next restart and I'll be back to having issues again. I'm going to try a Samsung card and see if that is more reliable.

Soldato
I'm barely getting 3 hours SoT out of mine now, getting annoyed with battery capacities in these flagships and their, "but it's more efficient" argument for not increasing them.

Seriously starting to consider Huawei Mate 10 Pro as they actually bothered sticking a decent capacity battery into a flagship quality phone.

Associate
Anyone on three having phone issues since the latest OTA update

My phone is completely stuck on the encryption screen (need this for work) and when it did work i was getting
constant hangs and phone becoming completely unresponsive needing a hard reset

I'm in download mode now trying to get ODIN to reset the firmware as the phone just plan refuses to boot past or let me me
enter my encryption code

This is also happening on my missus s7e which doesn't have encryption enabled

Spent the morning trying to get this sorted, driving me nuts now

Associate
Mine has started randomly freezing then getting stuck in a bootloop for 5-10 minutes. Any idea if there are logs on the device I can look at to see what's causing it?

If you have a SD card installed, try taking it out and then reboot it. I had a similar issue using a Sandisk card. I formatted the card and put it back in, worked for a while before constant issues of the card not being seen by the phone. Changed to a Samsung card and no issues since.

Caporegime
I'm barely getting 3 hours SoT out of mine now, getting annoyed with battery capacities in these flagships and their, "but it's more efficient" argument for not increasing them.

Seriously starting to consider Huawei Mate 10 Pro as they actually bothered sticking a decent capacity battery into a flagship quality phone.

Mines has took a noise dive the past couple of months :(

My screens smashed so hopefully I get a replacement via the insurance.

Back
Top Bottom