Lightning AV cable to tv for bt sport app

Soldato
Anyone know whether the lightning av adapter would allow me to play the bt sports app from my phone to a connected tv?

Just wondering if anyone uses this before I go and buy one. Tried google and it’s a bit sketchy as to whether it works or not

Associate
Best way of doing it is with ChromeCast dongle. Might work with AppleTV but haven’t tried, definitely used ChromeCast and works really well. And obviously no cables! And probably cheaper than a cable too

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
When I had just the app it wouldn't let me airplay or use the dongle unless you have the full sub to it (i.e including the actual TV channel on BT TV or Sky).

If it's just "the app" subscription or part of the EE max plan it won't work with airplay/Chromecast or the dongle.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Well, you said they had it on BT TV, yes that one does allow casting. If you just have the app and no "TV" service for BT sport it won't allow casting.

Associate
Well, you said they had it on BT TV, yes that one does allow casting. If you just have the app and no "TV" service for BT sport it won't allow casting.
I don't have BT Sports on my Sky sub, just the app, and I can get Airplay to work. Screen Mirroring does not, but Airplay most definitely does.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ah just re-read on their site. I had it as a mobile subscription:

"To use Chromecast with the BT Sports app, please be sure you have the following: BT Sport with BT Broadband or BT Sport on Sky Broadband. Note: BT Mobile customers without a valid BT Sport subscription and BT ID (login) will not be able to cast."

Back
Top Bottom