Have I been living under a rock? (ten pound note withdrawl)

Permabanned
I only heard about it last week. Hardly ever use cash though so I don't have any. I used to keep a folded tenner in my card wallet, but the new notes don't fold properly, so that's the end of cash for me.

Soldato
Not heard of this phasing out either but maybe because its likely less of an issue than the £1 phasing out, as people tend to leave £1 coins lying about / stored in money jars at home than £10 notes which are usually stored in wallets / purses and circulated pretty quickly.

Man of Honour
It fascinates me that the guys here professing ignorance and bewilderment about the new tenners think that anyone is buying it, I can only assume that they all belong to same retards club, and at their last meeting, someone said, “Hey, here’s a jolly wheeze, let’s all pretend that we know nothing of these new notes that have been in circulation for three months or more.”

Soldato
It probably didn't help that shops will still giving out the old £10 notes as change on Wednesday. You'd think businesses would have the common sense to stop using them before somewhat earlier in their removal from circulation.

Soldato
Yep definitely been hiding under a rock.

Frankly I've not seen an old tenner in at least 6 months. Anytime I've withdrawn from an ATM it's always been a new note.

Commissario
Frankly I've not seen an old tenner in at least 6 months.
The plastic note hasn't been in circulation for six months yet! :)

Having said that, whereas when the fivers were released, they seemed to take ages to get into circulation, the £10 appeared very quickly. It's been quote some time (obviously not at least six months) since I saw a paper one.

Roll on the plastic twenties. I'm surprised we won't be getting those until 2020.

Soldato
I was like the OP but only because I was abroad in September and missed the buzz. I happened to lose my debit card on that trip and only got round to replacing it in the new year. I've been 95% cashless for the last six months but did get a couple of new ones recently. In other news OP there was another tenner that went out of circulation about a decade ago, great singer he was too (sic).

Man of Honour
My local ATM gave me 2 old 10 pounds notes yesterday

I seen very few of the new ten & five pound notes so far

I note that your location is Guernsey C.I., I know that your notes are different from those in U.K.
Presumably your ATMs only issue Guernsey currency, and not the same as you’d get in London for example, has Guernsey recently issued new paper money?
I know that Channel Island banknotes are not legal tender on the mainland, but that banks will accept them.
I wouldn’t take them when I was driving a Black Cab, as no one would accept them as change, but Scottish and Northern Island ones were as welcome as flowers in Spring.
People wouldn’t take them as change, but I’d use them to buy diesel in Tesco or other garages.
I was offered a couple of Isle of Man one pound notes once, but I declined them.
The guy then paid in U.K. notes, but gave me the Manx ones as a tip, I think that my bank took them.

Back
Top Bottom