Excel Help for a Numpty!

Associate
Hi All, I thought I was reasonably ok with using Excel, but have a total mental block with this seemingly simple issue!

I'm using Excel to calculate the percentage of a certain gas in a mixed gas input into a chamber.

So when inputting 10 Standard Litres per Min (SLPM) using a 5% to 95% gas mix. The 5% quantitiy in Standard Cubic Centimeters Meters (SCCM) can be calculated by using this Excel command
"=SUM(A2*1000/100)*5".

Now all I want to do is write a command line that will calculate how much I need to increase the 95% gas flow, to reduce the 5% gas flow to a 3% ratio mix.

I know that the answer to this is that the flow needs to increase to 16666 SCCM, but dont know how to write the Excel command?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Many thanks for your response. There's some info I should have included. The 5/95% gas mix is fixed and I need to add an additional gas to reduce the ratio. So, using an Excel formula I'd like to calculate the addional gas required from a separate gas line.

Associate
If you are adding a second 100% gas at flow rate Y then the percentage in the mix is given by:

%age = (10 * 0.95) + Y)/ (10+Y)

So to get 97%

0.97 = (9.5 + Y) / (10 + Y)

9.7 + 0.97 x Y = 9.5 + Y

0.2 = 0.03 x Y

Y = 6.6666666

Back
Top Bottom