What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My daily beater a Seiko 5 7S26 10F2 TG2 made in Japan- is drying up - losing about 5+min a week - so before I take it up to local jeweler for a clean can anyone recommend a Seiko cleaning service - Meanwhile I will now search for a new Seiko 5 as it will probably be cheaper.
Check out this guy. He's services and repairs all my Seiko's amongst other watches. Not sure if he's taking on new work due to backlog, but he's reasonably priced and his service report is excellent.

https://thewatchbloke.co.uk/

Soldato
Check out this guy. He's services and repairs all my Seiko's amongst other watches. Not sure if he's taking on new work due to backlog, but he's reasonably priced and his service report is excellent.

https://thewatchbloke.co.uk/

Thanks for that I have dropped him a email - also got price from a local jeweler which was around what I expected - I will get it cleaned rather than buy a new one for more money and not made in japan.

Soldato
What's the feeling around here for U Boat watches?

I saw one at the weekend and was curious as it looked different/interesting. I did some reading about their history and now feel a bit conflicted :confused:

Obviously I'm not suggesting I would only wear a watch because of what other people think, just after opinions plus any knowledge about how well made they are.

Associate
What's the feeling around here for U Boat watches?

I saw one at the weekend and was curious as it looked different/interesting. I did some reading about their history and now feel a bit conflicted :confused:

Obviously I'm not suggesting I would only wear a watch because of what other people think, just after opinions plus any knowledge about how well made they are.

Ghastly looking things in my opinion - and they are MASSIVE. Have you tried one on?

Soldato
Haha, ok not much love here then. No I haven't tried one on yet, like I said I was curious about this brand and was looking for some general insight. They don't appear to be overly cheap either, perhaps by trying too hard to be a little different I'm simply overlooking better watches.

I'll keep my powder dry for now.

Soldato
Haha, ok not much love here then. No I haven't tried one on yet, like I said I was curious about this brand and was looking for some general insight. They don't appear to be overly cheap either, perhaps by trying too hard to be a little different I'm simply overlooking better watches.

I'll keep my powder dry for now.
If you like the submarine theme...try a Sinn made from submarine steel. Damasko I think also use it.

Associate
The specs say both 43mm and 41mm. Useful!

Does the bezel turn?
Hmm interesting thanks guys... looks smaller than 43mm! Sadly I couldn't find a smaller version on the website though or I would have been tempted to get one...

Nope, it's not a divers watch. The width across the face, from the outer part of the black bezel to the opposite side, is only 38mm.

It's nicely made and finished for the money, certainly doesn't look or feel cheap.

28827804_10156138069597889_8591546794242164888_o.jpg
28951608_10156138069552889_472853517609970667_n.jpg

Associate
Just wanted to know what your general thoughts were so far on the 1918? Are you happy with it? Is it keeping time well? Do you own any other Bremont watches?

I ordered it last year when it was first announced and initially, I was worried it would be too big as its 43MM and just over 17mm in height. However it does sit very nicely on the wrist and I don't have the biggest arms in the world. You can still get most shirts over the top of it.

It is the first Bremont I've owned however I have been interested in the brand for a long time, MBII is next on my list as it's more of an everyday watch.

As you would expect from a Bremont and more so from an LE piece it has kept its time very well. It comes very well presented in a wooden flight navigators case with an additional NATO strap and matching cufflinks.

Caporegime
bbf61bc8-a8f9-434c-90d5-22d0fc4303f6
Just received this today :) (Camera makes it look a bit worn in places but it's spotless in life)
I think the Citizen Eco drives are technologically stunning watches and if I was going on a world trip and wanted something reliable and accurate that would work in any conditions I would buy one in a heartbeat. I'm tempted to buy my dad one actually, as he beats up watches and needs something rugged that will last years.

Associate
I think the Citizen Eco drives are technologically stunning watches and if I was going on a world trip and wanted something reliable and accurate that would work in any conditions I would buy one in a heartbeat. I'm tempted to buy my dad one actually, as he beats up watches and needs something rugged that will last years.

Definitely some pretty great tech in them! I love the fact that they automatically adjust to timezones too so no fiddling around :) Feels really well built, like it's going to last a long long time. (Plus there's 5 Year Warranty + 1 Year extra in the UK)

Really like that. It's like a TAG Heuer Carrera but more accurate and probably better built :D

Also agree :D

Back
Top Bottom