Want to get into coding but need an answer first to my mind boggling question

Commissario
I think for anyone wanting to learn to code, OcUK isn't really a large or vibrant enough community (in this sub) to really provide an appropriate benefit. Branch out to reddit and look for a sub that matches the specific language you want to learn the look for a slack or similar server that suits your needs and don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, just make sure you've tried to at least google the problem first :)
You're right, and this is a shame - there must be so many talented people on here with such a wide range of skillset, we could probably all club together and build something awesome if we put our minds to it!

Man of Honour
Yeah I agree, I'd love for this subforum to be more active, and I'm so surprised it isn't given the nature of the forum. There must be a lot of coders on here

Soldato
You're right, and this is a shame - there must be so many talented people on here with such a wide range of skillset, we could probably all club together and build something awesome if we put our minds to it!

Wasn't this tried before? I know I signed up to something but it never went anywhere, 2-3 years ago now maybe.

I agree, it always surprises me that this subforum isn't a lot more popular.

What could we do to change that do you think?

Commissario
Wasn't this tried before? I know I signed up to something but it never went anywhere, 2-3 years ago now maybe.

I agree, it always surprises me that this subforum isn't a lot more popular.

What could we do to change that do you think?

I'm not sure on the history to be honest, I'm also not sure how to get this forum more active as people are generally busy with their day jobs. I wonder if it's worth splitting up this forum into sub forums for graphics, for programming, etc.

Man of Honour
Yeah I agree, I'd love for this subforum to be more active, and I'm so surprised it isn't given the nature of the forum. There must be a lot of coders on here

A lot of the coders here seem to be very business software oriented often very maths, science or high end finance/data analysis type backgrounds, etc. doesn't seem to be as many enthusiast coders as compared to other places I visit.

Soldato
Hey all I'm guilty of the above, I work as a developer mainly with Oracle Identity management products, PLSQL, Java etc. I would love to do more side projects and open source but finding the time is hard. But agree it would be good if this forum is more active, I'll make an effort to contribute more, maybe once the ball starts rolling others will get involved as well :)

Man of Honour
How about we have some kind of coding challenges on here to encourage more activity?

Like Code Golf? But one for various levels to get those learning involved as well as the more experienced ones?

Back
Top Bottom