Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Associate
I have no codes left. If I get any more then I will update the first post. @superdumper may have more codes.

Thanks.

I have not used any of my codes yet, so if anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM. I have 10 available.

@MissChief many thanks for the code. Will sign up tonight. Will spend the drive home umming and arhhing over whether to get the 1TB Q box or the 2TB Q box with Ultra HD. Is Ultra HD delivered over satellite or over the internet?

That's a good question. As far as I know it is both? In the sense that live F1 and football can be in UHD, but there are also movies on Cinema which are available in UHD and you need to download or stream them.

Caporegime
OP
Live UHD content is sent via the dish so broadband speed doesn't matter. Obviously on demand content comes via broadband but is downloaded and watched from the hard drive, not streamed so if your broadband isn't great you can download in advance and watch uninterrupted from the hard drive.

Also get the 2tb box. If you add a mini box the 1tb can only stream to a single mini. The 2tb can stream to two mini's.

Associate
Do you need to take out a sky tv subscription as well?

You do not need to take out TV, but you need to have TV active, as these offers are TV dependent. In simple words, if you don't have Sky TV, you cannot get the prices above, but you may be able to get something similar (say £30 and £35 respectively).

Associate
I used one of MissChief's codes back in November last year that gave the £40 per month for everything plus £12 a month multiroom.

I thought I would be protected from price rises for the 18 month contract but I had an email last week saying my subscription was going up as follows:

Boxsets Bundle +£1.50
Sky Sports +£0.50

Is this right or should I be contacting Sky to complain ?

Thanks

Stu

TS7

TS7

Soldato
First of all, thanks again @MissChief for the code.

Some unusual activity, just wondering whether you can confirm this is normal.

Installation all booked in. Receive message from Sky stating Great News your sky set up is all scheduled in etc and track the progress log in with your email (and it had my email listed).

Then about 10 minutes later, receive an email from a number: ‭+44 7800 005891‬ - stating your Sky engineer visit is booked for X Date at X Time (details are correct) and to confirm text YES.

Is this legitatmate number?

Caporegime
OP
I used one of MissChief's codes back in November last year that gave the £40 per month for everything plus £12 a month multiroom.

I thought I would be protected from price rises for the 18 month contract but I had an email last week saying my subscription was going up as follows:

Boxsets Bundle +£1.50
Sky Sports +£0.50

Thanks

Stu
Depends on the offer wording I'm afraid. If the offer is x for £x then you're protected. If it's £x off' then you're not.

Associate

Boxsets Bundle +£1.50
Sky Sports +£0.50

Thanks

Stu

Judging by the way the Friends & Family offers are, I believe you are protected from the price increase. The letters have been sent out as normal, but they do not necessarily mean your bill is affected, just that the price of the product is increasing.

I'd give Sky a call though, just to be safe.

Internal intranet says extended until 1st April?

You were right about this btw, the offers have been extended until 1/4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom