Show us your garage!

Associate
Not got a most recent photo and the noble is in bits currently so won't be getting one for a while :D

This is it when I moved in, dusty concrete and all :)
12347604_10153261368281966_3336439372826935295_n.jpg

And this is from when I put in the old kitchen (25 year old kitchen, given a fresh lick of paint)
12301747_10153261368946966_8119480828093088843_n.jpg

Man of Honour
Like the colour coordination with the Noble there :) Maybe should have wrapped the doors rather than paint them so you can keep up if you change the motor :D

Soldato
A 2 poster lift is going in there shortly. The tiles I agonised over, the darker ones which would have looked cleaner would have also made it feel darker in there, a quick wipe with a mop will be fine, although I did buy a floor polisher which you may be able to spot in the photos.

Underboss
Not got a most recent photo and the noble is in bits currently so won't be getting one for a while :D

This is it when I moved in, dusty concrete and all :)
12347604_10153261368281966_3336439372826935295_n.jpg

And this is from when I put in the old kitchen (25 year old kitchen, given a fresh lick of paint)
12301747_10153261368946966_8119480828093088843_n.jpg

Thought this was my brother for a minute !

hes just moved house and has a Noble too, but his garage has a pit so i spotted the difference :p

Soldato
OP
Had a sort out and added some stuff. The black shelves were just rammed with stuff so I got a kitchen unit from IKEA to offload some stuff into.

Just noticed the old picture didn't have the new bench either - my dad fitted out his garage recently and had a bit of worktop spare so he cut me a bit to length with the angle on it to get as much worktop as possible (as you can see I don't have a lot of space!), I put it in and made it quite a lot taller as I always get a bad back working over low benches, plus it meant I could move my intermediate tool chest below the bench, make a cupboard etc. Picked up another intermediate chest as well from Halfords for £45(!) to make space, been buying a lot of tools lately for various jobs.

So much better than it used to be, but this thread makes me feel very insignificant, some real fantasy garages in here imo. Makes me really look forward to when we buy a place - hopefully with a double garage or space to put one up. There's so many things that are so useful, not expensive, but require space - bench grinder/polisher, pillar drill, a proper substantial vice... Can't wait.

FtEnEGu.jpg

Soldato
Had a sort out and added some stuff. The black shelves were just rammed with stuff so I got a kitchen unit from IKEA to offload some stuff into.

Just noticed the old picture didn't have the new bench either - my dad fitted out his garage recently and had a bit of worktop spare so he cut me a bit to length with the angle on it to get as much worktop as possible (as you can see I don't have a lot of space!), I put it in and made it quite a lot taller as I always get a bad back working over low benches, plus it meant I could move my intermediate tool chest below the bench, make a cupboard etc. Picked up another intermediate chest as well from Halfords for £45(!) to make space, been buying a lot of tools lately for various jobs.

So much better than it used to be, but this thread makes me feel very insignificant, some real fantasy garages in here imo. Makes me really look forward to when we buy a place - hopefully with a double garage or space to put one up. There's so many things that are so useful, not expensive, but require space - bench grinder/polisher, pillar drill, a proper substantial vice... Can't wait.

FtEnEGu.jpg

How many times have you walked into that vise

Soldato
Slight update,

Bought a new house in summer. Got a proper garage now.

Moving in day when it was mostly empty...
garage1.jpg

Settled in a bit now...
garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

Double width, double length with an office in one corner plus an en-suite. I've also got a separate small workshop where I can do all the dirty fabrication type work like welding, grinding and drilling.

Plan is to have it converted to a single large door rather than 2 singles so I can put the race car in the middle and work all the way around it (I might also need to resize/shape the office to facilitate this). Some sort of ramp is a possibility but not just yet. Will also be getting the walls brought in a touch on either side so I can put benches/shelving down the side walls without encroaching on the doorway. There's also an annoying step in the doorway which will be getting taken out as the race car is too low to get over it without mucking about with planks of wood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom