Other half lost a fight with a bolllard, whats the damage?

Soldato
So other half managed to have a bump with a bollard pics below;

zfJFysu.jpg

avkrl4o.jpg

7xJ3oF9.jpg

Luckily the bulk of the damage is on the arch, there is may 1cm of scrape on the bumper but its barely visible and will be extremely easy to get out. The paint work around the two deep scratches (the are actually cracks) is all cracked around it.

Now this is the first scuff I've ever had to deal with in a car so no idea if this is even repairable. If so how much roughly should I be looking at paying? The cars a Fiesta ST mk6.

Also not entirely sure how she managed to do so much damage but didn't prod cause she came back distraught and has only been insured on my car for a couple of months.

Another one, if it is repairable any good shops in Nottingham area anyone can recommend?

EDIT: Excuse potato pics

Soldato
Does she have form for this sort of thing with her own car?

Mrs horn does so I don't bother repairing them as I know another wall/bollard/gate post will leap out in front of her at some point (she managed to drag one car down the same gate post at her sisters house on five separate occasions, how I laughed)

Soldato
OP

Mrs horn does so I don't bother repairing them as I know another wall/bollard/gate post will leap out in front of her at some point (she managed to drag one car down the same gate post at her sisters house on five separate occasions, how I laughed)

No she doesn’t drive all that often. It’s too big of an issue for me to just leave it as is so if it can be fixed without extortionate bills I’ll get it fixed.

Don
£500-£600 at a guess. Painting a "simple" panel like a bumper is £150-£200 with a large proportion of that being paint cost. That panel obviously needs the dent removing, filling and the paint will need to be blended into surrounding panels to avoid odd finish.

Soldato

Likewise - mine has managed to scrape both bumpers, one front wing and both rear doors in about 4 months. When I bought the car for her I was considering getting some of the existing peeling paint fixed, very glad I didn’t bother now.

Associate
Need to weigh up if its worth the outlay. Touch up the worst bits and see if the other half still cares in a few weeks time. If its still an issue, take it to a bodyshop, won't be cheap though.

Last edited:
Soldato
That doesn’t look too bad to repair. It’s the sort of job for a small independent body shop rather than a big place as a lot of the bigger places don’t seem to like doing metalwork and just want to cut and replace.

A decent painter will be able to blend the paint at the edge of the arch profile, it shouldn’t need any adjacent panels painting.

The guy I use would want £300-£350 for that, and you’d never know it had been fixed. He’s massively better at bodywork than he is at getting rich which is good for his customers!

Back
Top Bottom