Late to the PS4 gig, spec me some must have games ?

Soldato
I only just got a PS4. I resisted for years, but my local Tesco dropped a deal that you just couldn't refuse so I picked up a slim with shadow of the colossus for under 200 notes. I am probably going to get the FFX/X-2 HD remastered game as I love FF and will also get uncharted 4, loved the original on PS3. But I am massively out of touch with console gaming these days. So what must have titles are there for PS4 ?

I like RPG / Adventure type games, not really into FPS on consoles as don't like playing them with a control pad. Also I like straight up beatemups tekken / SF etc and scrolling shooters.

I have no idea what the PS4 exclusives were when this console was released so don't know what to look out for apart from the usual multi platform games like Fallout, Divinity etc which I already played on my PC

Soldato
From the ones currently out:

U4
TLoU
Bloodborne (a must, free on PS+ now)
Ratchet & Clank (also free on PS+)
Shadow of the Colossus Remastered
GT Sport if you like racing
Persona 5 (haven't played it yet but it's universally praised)
Horizon is pretty good but I couldn't get myself to finish it yet

EDIT:

Forgot about Gravity Rush 1&2, great and unique games, I think both are heavily discounted in the Only on PlayStation sale now (ends March 22nd).

Last edited:
Soldato
Until dawn, and horizon zero dawn both must haves, not an exclusive but alien isolation needs to be played too.

Last of us too, and as like rpg final fantasy 12 zodiac age

Soldato
As kinger said, if you have PS+ Bloodborne is a no-brainer. People are suggesting W3 as usual but after Bloodborne that game will feel like it's for kids, both in terms of atmosphere and challenge. It's one of the best and most thrilling games I've ever played.

Soldato
OP
Witcher 3 is an immense game, don't miss it.

already completed this on PC, is the PS4 version different or just a port ?

Started Shadow of the Colossus as that game cam with the console. Not sure I understand the premise of the game though ? I killed the first one and the one in the sea cave, but I don't get what the game is about ? I can see it not holding my interest as it just seems to be random go to locations kill some big thing rinse and repeat, where is the story ? Grpahically the game is amazing, but the gameplay / story telling seems dull....

Picked up FFX / X-2 HD remastered, and uncharted nathan drake colleciton plus uncharted 4 thiefs end. So that should keep me busy for a few weeks.

on the list:

FFXV
Horizon Zero Dawn
Last of us
Might have another go at trying to get into resident evil, 7 looks pretty decent and seems to have good reviews.
Probably get SFV as I have had some kind of a street fighter game on every platform I ever owned going all the way back to the SNES days in 1990

Soldato
OP
OP has a PC though.

GTAV already on PC

only reason I got the PS4 was impulse buy due to ridiculous deal so mainly looking at PS/console exclusives and games that lend themsleves better to controller than mouse keyboard, so stuff like FF, SF or games that were terrible ports to PC and were designed in the first instance to be console.

Back
Top Bottom