• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Erm it says a few posts back, the only fix is for the same game that has a performance bump.

Erm :p nope

Fixed Issues

• Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
  • Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
  • Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected displays.
  • Radeon Overlay may exhibit minor flickering when enabled while playing games using the Vulkan™ API.
  • Fortnite™ may experience lighting or fog corruption on some graphics quality presets.
  • Radeon ReLive instant replay clips may intermittently contain small amounts of audio distortion.
  • Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ may experience an application crash when launched as a Universal Windows®Application.
  • For Honor™ may experience an intermittentapplication crash on launch.

Soldato
18.3.3 just dropped https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...e-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.3-Release-Notes.aspx
Support For

• Sea of Thieves™
  • A Way Out™
  • Vulkan®1.1 Support
    • Product is conformant with the Vulkan® 1.1 Specification. Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
Fixed Issues

• Forza® Motorsport 7 may experience intermittent stutter during gameplay.
  • Some Radeon ReLive recorded clips may experience corruption or audio distortion when played back.
  • Final Fantasy® XV may experience flickering or disappearing objects during some gameplay in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
  • Star Wars® Battlefront™ 2 may experience a system hang on the initial splash screen in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
Known Issues

• A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience an application hang in the mission "Heist" on some Radeon GCN1.0 products.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time.
  • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
  • FFmpeg application may experience corrupted output for H264 video streams.
  • Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Playing Sea of Thieves on 18.3.3, Vega64. Most of the time the Sea doesn't load. The Thieves seem to load OK, but no Sea. It is there in spirit and mechanics; the fish and seaweed are there, the boats are clearly on the waves, and I can swim in it with a suitable post processing filter when I do... but I can't see any water. No changes to any graphics settings seem to make a difference.

Anyone else?

Asa

Asa

Associate
Playing Sea of Thieves on 18.3.3, Vega64. Most of the time the Sea doesn't load. The Thieves seem to load OK, but no Sea. It is there in spirit and mechanics; the fish and seaweed are there, the boats are clearly on the waves, and I can swim in it with a suitable post processing filter when I do... but I can't see any water. No changes to any graphics settings seem to make a difference.

Anyone else?

Hhhmmm well if anyone else does experience this, I think in my case it is related to Windows action centre notifications. I saw the whole ocean disappear just at the moment Cortana popped to let me know I had a WhatsAp message. Disabled all my action centre notifications, and it has been plain sailing since then.

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all

I have 2x monitors plugged into a 5850 HIS card using HDMI and DVI (to VGA converter)
The HDMI monitor is 1440p. I have plugged the card in first time just now into an i5 Z97-HD3 450W leadex PSU. I however cannot get the drivers to work so only one monitor is detected and the monitors mirror each other.

These are the drivers I am trying
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64
The Crimson Software Beta

The drivers don't seem to install on windows 7 64bit and both monitors are stuck on the low resolution and mirroring each other so it's basically useless for 2 monitors
Any ideas as to how I can install drivers?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all

I have 2x monitors plugged into a 5850 HIS card using HDMI and DVI (to VGA converter)
The HDMI monitor is 1440p. I have plugged the card in first time just now into an i5 Z97-HD3 450W leadex PSU. I however cannot get the drivers to work so only one monitor is detected and the monitors mirror each other.

These are the drivers I am trying
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 7 - 64
The Crimson Software Beta

The drivers don't seem to install on windows 7 64bit and both monitors are stuck on the low resolution and mirroring each other so it's basically useless for 2 monitors
Any ideas as to how I can install drivers?

Thanks

Edit Complete fail on my part. they are the drivers you trying.

Ok what does Device manage list under display?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Installing the catalyst software suite does nothing - it installs HD audio drivers and something else to do with catalyst - no graphics drivers

Getting annoying now - can't be this hard to install a GPU :/

Tried DDU as well but I got a no nvidia.cfg error with that

Soldato
Installing the catalyst software suite does nothing - it installs HD audio drivers and something else to do with catalyst - no graphics drivers

Getting annoying now - can't be this hard to install a GPU :/

Tried DDU as well but I got a no nvidia.cfg error with that

Could the GPU be faulty? In the past when a driver has failed to install on my system it was because the PC wasn't detecting the GPU and the drivers failed.

Soldato
Soldato
Yep. Card displays fine so I assume it must be working. Just drivers not working. Bought it off MM so could be faulty but been a few months so my fault for not testing it

Soldato
Yep. Card displays fine so I assume it must be working. Just drivers not working. Bought it off MM so could be faulty but been a few months so my fault for not testing it

A failed GPU can still display in standard basic windows mode. Its not in 2D or 3D mode. This could be why the driver is missing out the display driver because its failing to see the GPU. Do you have another PC you could pop the card in to test?

Back
Top Bottom