OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
Wow :(

Never met Mark, or even had a conversation with him i don't think, but this community he has built has helped me more than he will ever know. I have never known such a tight-knit group of people and i will never forget what you all did after my daughter died, so for that alone, i cannot thank him enough.

RIP Spie, and thank you

Associate
Really sad to hear this news. I, like many others, have been around these forums for years and even though I don't post much, I visit and read daily. Spie not only built a highly successful business, he also helped to build one of the finest communities on the internet today. I send all my love to his family at this sad time.

Grahame.

Don
Was totally shocked to hear this morning about Mark passing away.

I never met Spie in person, though I do regret passing up the opportunity of attending the 10th anniversary party as from speaking to the other moderators in the past who had met him and also from seeing the comments from everyone today he was a true gent and highly regarded by all for his friendliness and generosity to others.

You and your family have my condolences Nathan.

Man of Honour
Sorry to hear of your loss OP. Losing your father is one of life's terrible events that most of us will come to face at some point in our life. I never knew your dad and never met him and only really engaged with him occasionaly on here but at the end of the day he built his business, made his money and has left a pretty good legacy in this forum.

RIP

Soldato
Shocked to hear and very sorry for your loss. Didn't meet the man but remember many of his posts on here, and how we'd wait with bated breath for a write up and photos of his latest Ferrari or Porsche.

Have the utmost respect for his business achievements, and none of us would be posting here today without his vision, and what is now his legacy.

Sean

Soldato
I couldn't believe it when I read the message from Claire this morning :( Such a tragic loss. Mark was a genuinely nice guy, who had helped me out in the past and I feel honoured to have called him a friend. His legacy will certainly live on. My heart goes out to his loved ones at this desperately sad time. Sleep tight big guy :( xxx

Back
Top Bottom