**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
I think that's such an overreaction I really do. I'd rather have Samsung take their time than not bother at all, and security updates are far more important to me than OS updates. Now I know they haven't been timely with the security updates throughout the time the oreo beta was running either, and thats not good enough, but it's still a million miles away from the like of just about any Chinese manufacturer out there.

Samsung release oreo 10 months after google got oreo out the door and everybody loses their ****. Crazy stuff!

Soldato
I think that's such an overreaction I really do. I'd rather have Samsung take their time than not bother at all, and security updates are far more important to me than OS updates. Now I know they haven't been timely with the security updates throughout the time the oreo beta was running either, and thats not good enough, but it's still a million miles away from the like of just about any Chinese manufacturer out there.

Samsung release oreo 10 months after google got oreo out the door and everybody loses their ****. Crazy stuff!

Or, you know, get a Pixel and not wait almost a year. Not so crazy at all, really.

Caporegime
And be stuck with Google's hardware and none of the good features of Samsung experience.

I'll stick with my s8. Besides, oreo isnt much of an improvement anyway.

This.

I love google devices but until they get a complete package overall for a competitive price on release, I'll probably be sticking with Samsung for the foreseeable future, even more so after seeing the direction that google is going with their theme over the last year or so.....

Soldato
And be stuck with Google's hardware and none of the good features of Samsung experience.

I'll stick with my s8. Besides, oreo isnt much of an improvement anyway.

I think this just goes to show how subjective these things are and why we need third-parties making Android devices, like Samsung and co. What you call Samsung features, I call Samsung cruft. To each their own, as ever. The beauty is there's something for everyone.

Soldato

I'm still on Dec 2017 security update! even 1+ can get security updates out the door faster than Samsung.

Soldato
I think this just goes to show how subjective these things are and why we need third-parties making Android devices, like Samsung and co. What you call Samsung features, I call Samsung cruft. To each their own, as ever. The beauty is there's something for everyone.
So you don't think anything Samsung has added in Samsung Experiance has any worth? It's all cruft? Why do you own the device then??

Deuce yeah, I know. That isn't good enough. Oreo is seemingly rolling out in the UK now, though Voda seem to be getting it before unbranded phones lol

Soldato
So you don't think anything Samsung has added in Samsung Experiance has any worth? It's all cruft? Why do you own the device then??

You seem to be getting a bit miffed mate, don't worry, Samsung (nor any company) don't need you to stick up for them.

I bought the phone (and the S7E for that matter) because it was the best Android phone around at the time for a few reasons. The Pixel came out after the S7E, and the Pixel 2 came out after the S8+. This year, the smaller improvement offered by the GS9 means that the older Pixel 2 might be a better bet for the annual phone change. Might hold on for the Pixel 3 instead. We shall see.

Honestly, the GS8 I use is made to behave as much like stock Android as possible. I only went with it for the power, the display and the form factor.

Associate
My S8 is on Oreo final CRB7 having snagged it off XDA. I was on Oreo beta previous to that. Anyway, I'm on Feb 1st security patch level.

Samsung are dead slow with their updates but others are a lot worse - lenovo for one.

Back
Top Bottom