*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Ah, you guys are putting me off just as I've seen a one going local, barely used with the receipt for £250 including Mario Odessey and Zelda.
Don't get me wrong I dont regret it at All! I bought it at launch just for Zelda and at that point knowing I wouldn't have much to play for a while. I have peppered in some Indies here and there just so far in the new year there hasn't been a title for me. But looking ahead, we have some big games coming.

There are plenty of games around...it just depends on what you like! I am fast approaching 30hrs on Stardew Valley...a cheap indie game! :D

Although granted, I never played it before.

It's great, I had played it before unfortunatly bit still got a good bit of time out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Don't get me wrong I dont regret it at All! I bought it at launch just for Zelda and at that point knowing I wouldn't have much to play for a while. I have peppered in some Indies here and there just so far in the new year there hasn't been a title for me. But looking ahead, we have some big games coming.

What games have you tried beyond Mario and Zelda? Its not a console for triple A FPS shooters etc but there are loads of great games on it even if you don't like indies.

Soldato
What games have you tried beyond Mario and Zelda? Its not a console for triple A FPS shooters etc but there are loads of great games on it even if you don't like indies.

Thanks. I've played Stardew, Golf Story, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2 and mario rabbids. I enjoyed all of those for a while, not so much rabbids. But since those I haven't picked anything up. Was tempted by bayonetta but i did try that on Wii u and didn't get on too well, but most of that was down to me not enjoying using that system at all :D. Mk8 would be more inticing too if I didn't play it on Wii u.

Any suggestions welcome, really want something meaty to sink hours into. I got 100+ out of Zelda

Soldato
2nd hand copy? Literally a copy in MM right now.
Thanks for the nod but I don't think it's one I want to play based on what I've seen/heard. But thank you!

I want to use the system :) I have an XB1X for some reason and that is just a boring system to own. Nothing to enjoy on there where as everything I've played on switch I have really enjoyed in some way

Soldato
In terms of playtime this is what I have mostly played over the past year. All worth a look imho:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Darkest Dungeon
ARMS
Super Mario Odyssey
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
Celeste
Resident Evil: Revelations Collection
Snake Pass
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
Cave Story +
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

I've bought 10 physical and 34 digital Switch games so far :o

Associate
I've yet to buy any new games at all this year (any platform), not because there's nothing appealing but because I'm still enjoying the games released last year!.

Seems some people have quite specific tastes.
I've never really run out of things to play on any platform tbh, but I do enjoy just about every genre as long as the game is of good quality and interesting enough.

My favourite Switch exclusives (in order) are:

1. BotW
2. Splatoon 2
3. Odyssey
4. Xenoblade2
5. ARMS
6. Mario+Rabbids

Outside of exclusives I've really enjoyed Snake Pass, LA Noire, Fast RMX, Thumper, Overcooked and Floor Kids.

Thank god I owned a Wii U or I'd be really behind on the kind of games I enjoy most.

Caporegime
Think I’ve played more Skyrim on the Switch than on any other platform. Yeah the graphics don’t hold a candle to the PC and there’s no mod support but it still looks great in handheld and good enough on the big screen. Performance is really good, only noticed a few dips here and there but the portability is worth the price alone. It’s amazing being able to clear a dungeon while taking a dump and even vanilla Skyrim with DLCs has hundreds of hours of content.

Soldato
I never played any of the Skyrim DLC so yes that has definitely been a great purchase for me. It's the perfect on the go game.

That's not a bad point, I never touched Skyrim dlc and actually never finished the main quest besides sinking up to 100 hours in to it on other platforms. I hadn't considered picking it up on switch until just now. It's just the price that hurts me ;)

Back
Top Bottom