OCUK founder Spie passes away

Soldato
At this time, please share your good thoughts and memories.

Good thoughts are many, the company your dad founded provided and delivered things that have given me so much joy in my life. In some respects they were the only company who did what they did back in the day when I was a youngster (I am 41 years old so am talking waaayyy back) and I have stuck with them through to this present day or, 'the gibbo era' as I fondly call them now.

I have spent more time time playing with these things and writing about them on this forum than most of my family and friends. I don't mind admitting that openly.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the passing of Spie, I did not know him or profess to know him. I did enjoy reading about his cars but these things do not define you as a person. It is what you do that defines you and your dad did an awful lot of good.

God bless you and your family during this time, give him a good, loud, send off.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
RIP Mark, very sad news indeed. If it wasn't for these forums I would never have had delved into building my own PC and it would definitely not be the first site I check each morning.

Thoughts are with you and your family, Nathan. Take care mate.

Soldato
Good thoughts are many, the company your dad founded provided and delivered things that have given me so much joy in my life. In some respects they were the only company who did what they did back in the day when I was a youngster (I am 41 years old so am talking waaayyy back) and I have stuck with them through to this present day or, 'the gibbo era' as I fondly call them now.

Practically the same for me!! also 40 years old, I can remember stumbling across the site way back in the day and then making what I joked to my missus as a pilgrimage to the old shop. It really was the holy grail of toys for me back then :)

RIP Mark/SPIE, my thoughts are with you Nath and your family.

Associate
RIP Spie. You built a fantastic community of which your family should be proud. Enjoyed reading your posts over the earlier years and seeing OcUK grow into what it now is. Well played.

Back
Top Bottom