Posting your cv on a job site

Soldato
Hi GD

I'm looking at moving jobs, the cv has been refreshed but I'm reluctant to upload it to the recruitment agency website for the following reason..

On a couple of occasions in my current workplace HR staff have been scanning for potential candidates only to find the cv of an existing employee who is obviously looking elsewhere!

This then gets fed back to their head of department and then the game is up for the employee - it's known they want to leave!

The first inkling of me leaving will be when I hand in my notice, I don't want lots of discussion about it and me placed outside the tent weeing into it because they think my loyalties lie elsewhere.

I've been at my current place for 10 years and haven't job searched for that time so am unsure of how all the online application jiggery-pokery works.

How can I play this with my cards close to my chest ?

Soldato
I have just advertised a job using a monster and it instantly matched me with 20 people.

I am amazed at the fact it gives out all information just like that, as you say very easy to find a employee if they are not clever

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Try LinkedIn. Recruiters use that more these days.

Make sure you turn off ''broadcast my profile updates" as good recruiters will know this is a sign that you're thinking of moving on ;)

What are you looking for?

BB x

Soldato
because the recruitment agency don't say who it is
recruitment agency don't normally manage to hide all the details, so if you have a prepared a list of companies, you can usually identify the company and approach them directly.
(if you had not already seen the position directly on the companies web site.)

Try LinkedIn. Recruiters use that more these days.
I don't know, personally just regard linkedin as a social media site now ?
supposed recruiters just asking to be connected to you, plus other folks you have never heard of ,without any personalised explanation/justification
It is useful to catch up with old colleagues, but beyond that I'm cautious about any information I upload.

Recruitment companies wanting to abstract/anonymize your cv is also a problem, if you have spent a while developing it and the format, this is all lost in first communcation with potential employer.

Soldato
Don't upload to a job site, you'll just get spammed with irrelevant positions where they just try to fill interview slots.

Good agencies are very few and far between. Screw wanting to do good by them.

Back
Top Bottom