Topman release questionable t shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Even if people think it says "triggered"

What on earth does that word have to do with hillsborough?

EDIT - Also from looking at other product codes 71 seems to be the beginning of all the other t-shirts anyway and the last 3 letters are the colour code so it's not as if they've created a product code just to antagonise the pansies

Soldato
No problem, though I don’t know why they keep bringing Bob Marley up, the line on the shirt is different to his lyric which is just the regular karma line.

It’s a Tupac commemoration shirt.
Bob Marley is what TopMan said the top was inspired by.

Don
Perhaps they altered the lyric slightly for copyright reasons. Hence "inspired".
What goes around comes around is a common phrase as regards karma, long before Bob Marley put pen to paper.

The Topman spokesperson won’t have a clue and will just be going with the Marley explanation touted on the web as a means of placating those that have been “71G98RRED” by it. Same with removing it as it’s just not worth the hassle they’ll get if they don’t.

Soldato
What goes around comes around is a common phrase as regards karma, long before Bob Marley put pen to paper.
Ah yes, I got the slogan and lyric assbackwards.

The Topman spokesperson won’t have a clue and will just be going with the Marley explanation touted on the web as a means of placating those that have been “71G98RRED” by it. Same with removing it as it’s just not worth the hassle they’ll get if they don’t.
Being a long time internet nerd I'm familiar with 1337 speak, and I didn't see the triggered thing.

Soldato
Just watched a lengthy report on this on the BBC news at one where they showed a picture of the T shirt in question but with the models head pixelated. I have noticed that most faces of children and young people, (is that the politically correct term these days?), when shown on television being hidden and for the life of me I cannot understand why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom