Something odd happened this morning.

Soldato
So, I had a late start to work this morning, so decided to have a lie in.

At approx 9:30am I was awoken by a loud car door closing.

I ignored it, thought about getting up and then the odd thing happened.

A Lady, let her self into my house, shouted for me to wake up and ran up the stairs.
She opened my bedroom door and walked in, she walked to the side of the bed then looked up from her paper and it was ONLY THEN, she realised she just barged into the wrong house and woke up the wrong person!

She was a care worker, late 40's. She was supposed to go to Number 14, Not 24.

Her face was priceless, she then promptly ran out of my house whilst shouting sorry a few times.

The thing that annoyed me?? The fact she let the cat into my bedroom and closed her in. The cats not allowed in the bedroom! Pfft

EDIT: My wife doesn't lock the door when she leaves for work, As I normally leave 5-10Mins after and lock up. We are now looking to change the lock and buy a nightlatch.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wife left for work, doesn't need to lock the door behind her as I normally leave right after her. So If I had left at the normal time the house would have been locked up.

Associate
Wife left for work, doesn't need to lock the door behind her as I normally leave right after her. So If I had left at the normal time the house would have been locked up.

I trust you never leave your wife in such a vulnerable situation if the roles were reversed?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Lots of new doors don't lock when they close, why are people so dumb founded about it ?

Most doors now require you to spec a slam latch infact. Which I think is weird its not the standard, I guess its just because its easier to make them all requiring manual locking so they can be used as back doors also.

Back
Top Bottom