*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
I have just put in my 30 days cancellation

I have broadband / phone /tv < boxsets and multi room Sky Q no movies or sport and ways paying £49.29 a month .

It goes up to £85 next month so i told them i was leaving

Best they could do was £61.99 for 18 months with 6 at £55.99

so i am currently leaving

Soldato
I was recently offered that for ~£50. You should be able to do better...
that was a new sky Q install too ? ..
since otherwise they will divide the £200 install between the monthly cost and an up-front cost ... deriving £62p/m + £85 ... many ways to skin a cat.

Associate
Hi, new on here but following closely.
Recently cancelled sky so now 3 days into cancellation period.
Was after fibre, entertainment and kids. The best I was getting was £46 which I thought was quite steep for next to nothing. Should I be looking to pay that much?

Associate
Hi, I know I cannot apply for f&f but can someone please tell me how it works and what sort of price for what packages? I have Sky Phone and Broadband but not TV so would I be classed as an existing customer or a new customer. I have not had Sky tv for some time now so my equipment is really old.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Caporegime
Right I am out of contract and now currently paying for 2Tb Sky Q box and mini Q box

£38 per month boxsets (will be £39.50 from next month)
Sky Q multiroom £12.00

I quite like the sky Q box. Anyway of reducing my £50 per month cost though please? @MissChief

Otherwise I am thinking of dumping it as we have netflix and amazon as well so pretty sure the few channels we want on sky I can find cheaper elsewhere than £50.

Caporegime
Right I am out of contract and now currently paying for 2Tb Sky Q box and mini Q box

£38 per month boxsets (will be £39.50 from next month)
Sky Q multiroom £12.00

I quite like the sky Q box. Anyway of reducing my £50 per month cost though please? @MissChief

Otherwise I am thinking of dumping it as we have netflix and amazon as well so pretty sure the few channels we want on sky I can find cheaper elsewhere than £50.
If you don't mind a recontract you can swap over to the Entertainment pack (£20pm for an 18 month contract) then add Box Sets (£5) and even HD (£5) if you like. Instant £8pm saving.

Caporegime
Hi, I know I cannot apply for f&f but can someone please tell me how it works and what sort of price for what packages? I have Sky Phone and Broadband but not TV so would I be classed as an existing customer or a new customer. I have not had Sky tv for some time now so my equipment is really old.

Thanks for any help in advance.
For the TV offer you'd be classed as a new TV customer but you might have trouble processing it through the website and you may need to call.

There's a standard offer for customers without TV but with T&BB of half price entertainment for 18m anyway with free 1TB and free install.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Rang up to cancel on the basis of the price increases.

Went from: £46 a month for Sky with variety bundle, f1, and hd.
To

£50 a month for:
2Tb Sky Q box
Mini box + Multiroom
Entertainment Bundle
F1
HD + UHD Pack (I think the UHD comes as part of the mini boxes?)
Installed FoC
Equipment FoC.

Having said that, the equipment goes in tomorrow, and for some reason until that's done they cant change the TV package, so can someone confirm if I can get better on the channels? I think the main issue is the F1 bumps 12 quid onto the bill on its own?

Caporegime
Rang up to cancel on the basis of the price increases.

Went from: £46 a month for Sky with variety bundle, f1, and hd.
To

£50 a month for:
2Tb Sky Q box
Mini box + Multiroom
Entertainment Bundle
F1
HD + UHD Pack (I think the UHD comes as part of the mini boxes?)
Installed FoC
Equipment FoC.

Having said that, the equipment goes in tomorrow, and for some reason until that's done they cant change the TV package, so can someone confirm if I can get better on the channels? I think the main issue is the F1 bumps 12 quid onto the bill on its own?

There's a deal on the F1 at the moment, £15+Free HD pack. The UHD does indeed come as part of the Multiscreen subscription.

Associate
For the TV offer you'd be classed as a new TV customer but you might have trouble processing it through the website and you may need to call.

There's a standard offer for customers without TV but with T&BB of half price entertainment for 18m anyway with free 1TB and free install.

Looks like a good offer, just hope it is still around when I am eligible for such offers.

Associate
My upgrades screen currently says I can add 1 of the sports channels for £10 , if I were to pick the f1 chan would it be in HD ?

Currently on standard sky Q box with box sets / cinema / multiroom.

Cheers

Caporegime
My upgrades screen currently says I can add 1 of the sports channels for £10 , if I were to pick the f1 chan would it be in HD ?

Currently on standard sky Q box with box sets / cinema / multiroom.

Cheers
Probably won't be in HD then. There is an offer of the HD pack free with the F1 channel for £15? HD Pack is normally £6.

Associate
If I go through the order process of the 1 channel for £10 , there is a mention of adding a free sky sports hd pack for free usually £6.
I can also see a sky sports f1 pack with sky sports hd for £18 .... im going to assume one is a rolling monthly deal and one is for 12-18 months ? Might phone up later

Last edited:
Associate
Just got off live chat and got f1 with hd pack on a rolling 31 day contract for £10 a month , quite happy with that looking forward to the early start Sunday .........

Soldato
Had another email from sky to call them since it’s 4 months since we left.
Waste of time - apparently they won’t offer any return to sky deal without multi room now.
Previous deal was 1tb sky q with full pack for £38 on friends and family.
Now all they would offer is £74 for everything plus a further £12 for multi room and then £79 upfront for re installation.

..hmm. No thanks !

Associate
Was on the phone today to sky was thinking of rejoining after being away a while, still a fibre max customer, best they could offer me was £72 per month with 2 boxes 1 being the 2tb with free installation and activation. Certainly seemed like there’s better out there going by this forum and others. What should be considered reasonable for the whole package?

Soldato
Was on the phone today to sky was thinking of rejoining after being away a while, still a fibre max customer, best they could offer me was £72 per month with 2 boxes 1 being the 2tb with free installation and activation. Certainly seemed like there’s better out there going by this forum and others. What should be considered reasonable for the whole package?
Do you watch live sports?

Back
Top Bottom