*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Has Nintendo even worked out the standard ability (as in not having to jump through hoops with their CS) of tying games to an account and not a console yet? (I know they didn't at launch but haven't kept up on the news).

Assuming not that is the one of the reasons I will stick to physical for any game costing more than a few quid.

On that note I had a blast with the implosion demo. Nothing ground breaking but a nice looking shoot em up which reminds me a lot of the old loaded series.

I thought games were tied to the account from the beginning with the Switch? It wasn't the case with previous consoles but I thought they fixed it this time.

In any case, they're tied to accounts now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I thought games were tied to the account from the beginning with the Switch? It wasn't the case with previous consoles but I thought they fixed it this time.

In any case, they're tied to accounts now.

Incorrect. Log into your account on another switch and see if you can access your games.

You have to unregister your previous switch (which needs to be working and in your possession) before you can activate the new one, or perform a data transfer when you have both working switches in your possession.

Associate
Incorrect. Log into your account on another switch and see if you can access your games.

You have to unregister your previous switch (which needs to be working and in your possession) before you can activate the new one, or perform a data transfer when you have both working switches in your possession.

Ah okay, well that's rubbish.

Soldato
Well I completed the main story with Celeste and it truly is a great experience. The story, level design and sound are all fantastic - the levels are hard but fair. One of the best experiences I've had with the Switch. However, not being used to using the d-pad I tend to always use the left stick in all games in handheld. With Celeste this definitely turned out to be a massive hindrance because of the quick precise movement changes required. I managed to get up that mountain but it was incredibly frustrating and sometimes infuriating especially with diagonal and horizontal jump combos. I died so many times and I mean like 5,000 times but I eventually got there. I am going to try another run and force myself to use the d-pad though it feels alien to me having to press up and right together to make a diagonal. I've read that there are mods for the Joy-cons to add a proper d-pad. I don't know if I am willing to go that far. I'll give it a go as is and hopefully I'll die a few less times.

It didn't help that I think my left stick is borked because sometimes when in handheld in the menu screen the left stick is still moving downwards through the icons even when I am not touching it. Not ideal for a game like Celeste! Time for me to import those lovely red Mario ones, I think.

Soldato
It didn't help that I think my left stick is borked because sometimes when in handheld in the menu screen the left stick is still moving downwards through the icons even when I am not touching it. Not ideal for a game like Celeste! Time for me to import those lovely red Mario ones, I think.

Mine did that out of the box. Have you tried the calibration menu?

Man of Honour
Odyssey was getting a bit repetitive towards the end for me. I'd say till about 60% of the way through the story it was great and then the excitement tailed off and it became a little boring and frustrating doing the same thing on a different level over and over again.

Is Zelda similar? I plan on starting that next week.

Soldato
me too but i just have to much to play!

Plainsong - how long is the game?

For me it was 15 hours but I reckon you'd halve that if you're into these types of games. There's a ton of stuff that you realise that you've yet to do once the credits have rolled. B-side and even C-side variants of levels you completed which are much much harder. Not to mention the mountain core level which you can't access unless you find some difficult to find items. Also a cool mini Celeste game which I've just discovered.

Playing with the D-pad today taking me a while to get used to it but I am finding I've got way more control now and I'm on chapter 3 without too many issues. After an hour or so I forgot I was using it. Definitely the way forward.

There's a speedrun timer as well if you really want to smash it.

So yeah many many hours of play.

It'll be the best £16.99 you'll ever spend! Or it might've been £17.99 can't remember as I used my gold points to buy it!

I didnt mention the story and I won't go in to details but it's actually quite moving and a very different and interesting subject for a video game. Wasn't expecting that at all. Oh, and it's quite funny at times too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Speaking of Nindies...

DYXltmEVAAAm9id.jpg

Soldato
Odyssey was getting a bit repetitive towards the end for me. I'd say till about 60% of the way through the story it was great and then the excitement tailed off and it became a little boring and frustrating doing the same thing on a different level over and over again.

Is Zelda similar? I plan on starting that next week.

Zelda is great but I wore myself out first week. Now I'm in a rhythm, hour or two of Zelda in the evening, wake up and travel somewhere/do a side quest in the morning before getting out of bed :p

Caporegime
Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming Sonic Mania physical release? Read something on the Nintendo Switch subreddit but can’t for the life of me find the thread again.

I know there was a collectors edition when it first came out but apparently the regular version is coming out on cart too? I’m trying to get everything on physical, I don’t own an SD card and my internet is absolute garbage, sub 2Mbps most days. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom