Storage Drive Issue - Any help?

Associate
My D Drive doesn't seem to be working properly. I noticed this because I had Steam installed on my C Drive and then when space ran out, I began moving the installed games over to the D Drive (st2000dm001-1er164) which is 2TB. I noticed that games weren't launching or updating correctly and it was noticeably slower.

Because of that, I decided to reset the PC to see if that would change things. After resetting, I installed Steam on my D Drive this time instead. However, each time I tried to launch it, it would be 'updating steam' and never launch. I installed a game onto the D Drive too but it refused to launch.

To make sure this was an issue with D Drive, I uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it on the C Drive. I can open the application perfectly fine and I'm currently installing a game to test if it launches but I'm almost certain it will.

I checked the Properties for the drive and it says the device is working properly so I'm quite unsure what the issue is. I haven't got anything else installed on this drive so I can't say if it's isolated to Steam but regardless, it should work especially if I have no issues on my C Drive.

Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks

Back
Top Bottom