Everquest 2, does anyone still play this?

Soldato
It just popped up in my head, I remember years ago spending 75 quid on this game, not sure what I got for it, but I can't recall if it was a monthly fee or somewhere I still own the game, worth playing again or has it dissipated into nothingness.

Man of Honour
Definitely still about, unlike other SOE games such as SWG (may it rest in peace). I have no idea whether there have been fundamental changes made since you played, but almost no MMORPG tends to go too long without introducing massive changes.

I believe it's now moved to a split free/paid model, where you can play quite a considerable amount for free but there are various restrictions that incentivise you to become a paying customer.

Soldato
OP
I've just managed to log on and no record of what I purchase, I remember it was £75, I must have bought something! Might check out some videos and maybe download it, I stopped playing due to the performance on a C2D E6600 with an 8800GTS was absolutely horrible!

Associate
I played from release in 2004 till sometime around 2010-2011 (with the last 5 or 6 years in a couple of 5+ day a week hardcore raiding guilds) but most of the top players/guilds had had enough by then and moved on/quit. Absolutley loved it, it had so much content and back story, great community as well in the old days.

Associate
The Shadow Odyssey was the expansion that killed the game IMO. I think it was that point it decided to go full WoW.

I played it from launch up until then and was my second favourite MMO (SWG fo' life) until that expansion. Scritchy the Ratonga Dirge for evah!!

Back
Top Bottom