Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
I sometimes wonder if it's worth the time, effort and expense to put it back on the road after being sat for almost 4 years now,
But when it's been sat for 8 or 9 months and after connecting a battery it fires up and purrs, it would seem a shame to give up on the old girl.
MY93 25 years old this year :eek:
Definitely worth the effort :)

Soldato
Grade 4B yet is missing exterior trim, DIY sprayed bumpers, big dent on the swage line, ruined roof & modified arches that will rust out within 2 UK winters :D

If an auction house either isn't popular or wants to boost the number of cars going through they will be more lenient with grading.

The Spec C RA I almost bought was a 4B but had a roll cage and bucket seats - the auction house that sold it wasn't/isn't the most popular. Think the car was actually OK but having been promoted in the UK as a standard, low mile, well looked after example and no mention of its actual landed condition, I passed it up.

Soldato
I'm kinda temped by this legacy spec b

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-L...061099?hash=item2ccecc5eab:g:4OUAAOSwMfhahtTd

Any thoughts? It seams a little expensive to me for a car of that age and mileage, but then looking further away, it does seam roughly in line with others I guess, apart from the odd few here and there. I've been looking at mondeos and saabs for a while, so that might have skewed my perception of price.

Errrrrrgh! I hate buying cars, I've been looking for months, I still change my mind every day about what I want, and I always want to wait for the perfect car at a fantastic price, which never really happens.

Soldato
I'm kinda temped by this legacy spec b

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-L...061099?hash=item2ccecc5eab:g:4OUAAOSwMfhahtTd

Any thoughts? It seams a little expensive to me for a car of that age and mileage, but then looking further away, it does seam roughly in line with others I guess, apart from the odd few here and there. I've been looking at mondeos and saabs for a while, so that might have skewed my perception of price.

Errrrrrgh! I hate buying cars, I've been looking for months, I still change my mind every day about what I want, and I always want to wait for the perfect car at a fantastic price, which never really happens.
I would get a privately selling one rather than from a dealer. Manual gt spec b is very nice though.

Soldato
Yeah, maybe I should wait...

I do kinda need a new car though, and this is local in the spec I want, so still might. I think the price is fairly bad, but I could be waiting a while for another to come round. Hmmmm....

Soldato
Bought these:

IMG_20180310_WA0000.jpg

So I can do this:

Screenshot_20180308_204105.png

Associate
Damn was worth a try :p. What wheels are on it? It's not a widetrack either so does it have dccd?
No it hasn't got dccd it's a WRX with the prodrive pack but it's had some sti bits added, and the wheels are Team Dynamic pro race 1.2s. Its got a couple of problems, the suspension needs replacing as it's on cheap eBay coilovers that are way too crashy for my taste and the front fogs arent working, I think it's the relay as nothing happens when you press the switch, not even the light on the switch itself

Soldato
No it hasn't got dccd it's a WRX with the prodrive pack but it's had some sti bits added, and the wheels are Team Dynamic pro race 1.2s. Its got a couple of problems, the suspension needs replacing as it's on cheap eBay coilovers that are way too crashy for my taste and the front fogs arent working, I think it's the relay as nothing happens when you press the switch, not even the light on the switch itself
thats disappointing. i thought it was an sti none widetrack. :( but now you mention it. wrx have fogs and sti's have covers :p and your scoop on bonnet is small as well.

Soldato
thats disappointing. i thought it was an sti none widetrack. :( but now you mention it. wrx have fogs and sti's have covers :p and your scoop on bonnet is small as well.

Jumper, with any car.... just look at the brakes. The brakes tell everything. Unless, they have had a big brake upgrade which is highly doubtful with most replicas.

@Fatpigeon enjoy mate! What plans have you got for it?

Back
Top Bottom