Xbox one x and 4k games

Associate
you can choose not to download the optional 4k content and enhancements within the xbox one settings

EDIT: IN fact, this may no longer be an option.
I remember when I had my regular xbox one, it was an option within backup and transfer to download the 4k assets. Worth checking to see if the option is still there

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Maybe he doesn't have a 4k tv

Neither do I, but the enhancements improve the game even when playing on 1080P. Usually higher framerates, better AA, higher quality textures, better effects, further draw distance, all of which give a substantial image quality improvement even when not playing at 4K.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Depends. If console is your main gaming platform why wouldn't you want the best? Some games are like night and day. GoW4 at 60fps is beautiful. FFXV is sooo much better on X. Lucky's Tale is 60fps Vs 30fps and plays so much better. Destiny with the 4K textures and AA looks so much crisper.

The One is like having a OK PC with an average GPU and yeah, you can play the games fine, but you are missing out at seeing them at their best with all the fancy bells without playing them on the X. And it's only going to get worse over time when games start being developed for the X as the lead platform rather than none X games being patched up.

Soldato
Depends. If console is your main gaming platform why wouldn't you want the best? Some games are like night and day. GoW4 at 60fps is beautiful. FFXV is sooo much better on X. Lucky's Tale is 60fps Vs 30fps and plays so much better. Destiny with the 4K textures and AA looks so much crisper.

The One is like having a OK PC with an average GPU and yeah, you can play the games fine, but you are missing out at seeing them at their best with all the fancy bells without playing them on the X. And it's only going to get worse over time when games start being developed for the X as the lead platform rather than none X games being patched up.

Doubt X will ever be the lead platform.

Surely just be another new gen with backwards compatability and a brand spanking new lead console. X was never intended to be main stream.

Associate
Doubt X will ever be the lead platform.

Surely just be another new gen with backwards compatability and a brand spanking new lead console. X was never intended to be main stream.

Agreed - The X is MS's answer to Sony's Ps4 Pro. It's an enhancement and not a new generation. Was purely aimed for people aiming to take the plunge into 4k TV ownership, the fact the console improves the experience at 1080p is just inherent to the enhancements they made. Fwiw, even at 1080p, its a marked improvement over the OG Xbox one/s.

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom